6 yr old on motorbike

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't believe this guy taking his 6 year old son on a motorbike :eek:....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjmNjbkKaPk"]6 yr old on motorbike- YouTube[/ame]

well at least he's got a helmet and gloves on :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm all about taking kids on the bike, but sitting in front of me......idk. It appears the boy had some type of rider control experience, maybe has a mini bike. I bundle Nate up pretty good with his gear, never with just a t shirt:(

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My sister, MANY years ago rode up front (a bit older) but strictly held onto the handlebars, not the grips or controls.

I always had control of the bike and she was tall enough to sit on the seat, not on the tank. And that was for a quick ride around the block. Helmet, jeans at least too.

Allowing a 6 year old to hold the throttle and bars by himself is a news story waiting to happen...:(

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A sanctioned being as cruise control module (double tap to enable CC)! :spank::spank: lol

Between the Norton, Triumph, and the old BSA I reckon I did some of that with my dad before being cut loose on the lighter Honda. At 7++ I was solo on the 69 (or 71??) Honda SL90 (Not the old step through kind). Needless to say I didn't stand a prayer of touching the ground. They just caught me when I was done! Yes, I bit it a few times on the track! By 8 I found ways to get going on my own!

garmie

Reaction score
Visit site
As a parent myself, I don't like to judge other parents for their parenting decisions because I don't like to be judged. Every family is its own sub-culture and it's much more appropriate for parents to decide when their kids are ready for whatever they teach them: driving, riding, guns, sex, etc.

With that said, I would not have my son on the front of my bike like that at such a young age. To even consider it though, I would require full gear for myself and my son. That's just an important of teaching safe behavior on a bike, similar to "never point a gun at anyone." It's that basic in my mind. You teach the basics and when the child becomes an adult, they can decide what risks to accept.

That's my $.02.

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I grew up around cars, bikes, boats, and pretty much anything else with a motor. By the time I was 6 I could drive a 16 foot Hydro Stream with a Merc 250 on it along with anything else you put me in. With that being said my 4 year old daughter loves to ride with me on my bike. She sits in front of me and I have control at all times. Yes soon I plan on getting her her own little bike. It is up to the parents and the child. Some children should not do that but if they are brought up around it and taught from a young age I see no problem with it. She even has her own airsoft gun, she knows not to point it at people or animals and not to touch it with out an adult with her. I own firearms and wanted her to understand the. Research has proven that if a child is shielded from something and they find it that is when they are more likely to have an accident because it is something new they want to play with. Yet if it becomes something they see as normal they are more likely to ignore it as they do every day.

Last edited:

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Horses for courses!

Whilst I'm not sure id let my kids do that ( they're only just 3) culture has become very PC and the things we did as kids are frowned upon now, car seats, seatbelts, helmet on a skateboard etc! We've stopped evolution by protecting those who can't protect themselves :)