50 % battery's at amazon

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Good catch just saw this. What battery does our bike use? Too bad I just got a new one.

Donovan

Reaction score
Visit site
Good looking out. Just bought one. $2 tax for me! (California) Total was $29, hell of a deal! Now I just have to wait 2-5 weeks!

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just purchased one as well. Even if it isn't a great battery, its so cheap I could just use it as a portable 12v source. Woot

Wait, is it really a bad battery?

If so I will cancel my money, no point in wasting my time and money if I am not going to get a decent battery.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Comes to $34 shipped for me.

Maybe I should go ahead and replace my 7 year old battery?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Which battery did you choose?? I get $26.82 when I checkout for the 12B-BS.

ACDelco ATX12BS (12-BS) Maintenance Free Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Powersport Battery

Normal price for this battery comes up as $68.07 so 50% off with free shipping is $34. Weird.

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazon does not charge tax for most of us that's why the price varies. But I figures everyone sitting on a 5 year old battery should get one. Store it the acid is in a separate easy fill container so the battery should stay brand new on the shelf. When yours dies replace it and you'll be good to go. This is a good battery deal for lawn mower batteries to just set it aside till you need it:thumbup:

Last edited:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
ACDelco ATX12BS (12-BS) Maintenance Free Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Powersport Battery

Normal price for this battery comes up as $68.07 so 50% off with free shipping is $34. Weird.
Ah, you had the 12-BS, I did the 12B-BS. What the difference is besides price, I don't know.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, you had the 12-BS, I did the 12B-BS. What the difference is besides price, I don't know.

I just realized that. I'm not sure. I looked up the FZ6 on AC Delco's website and it says it takes the 12BBS so I guess I'll order that one, cheaper anyway! Can't beat that price.

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
I just realized that. I'm not sure. I looked up the FZ6 on AC Delco's website and it says it takes the 12BBS so I guess I'll order that one, cheaper anyway! Can't beat that price.

The BS is a little less than an inch wider might still work if someone lifts there tank and post that would be good, my bikes at my other house I wont be able to check till saturday

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for this! I was questioning the health of my battery but being stingy about replacing it. For $26, I think it's worth having a spare on hand!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was thinking, "Yeah - good deal... mine is currently 5 years/17k miles old. Definitely a good time to have a spare on hand and you just can't beat this deal!"

Then I went to go for a ride last night and... nothing. Left grip heaters on for 2 days. Battery is *completely* drained. Tender won't do anything to nothing. I have a rigged AC adapter just trying to breath some life back into it. We'll see tonight.

If it's toast, and it probably is, I won't be able to wait 2-5 weeks for the delivery. *sadface*

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Weak. I'm sure you found this out, but battery tender won't touch a battery with a low charge. I think it is a safety feature that prevents them from sparking. Hope you can get a charge in it somehow before the ac delco orders ship.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Hooked it up to my car battery. Went from 12.47 to 12.29 in about 20 minutes. Measured 9.6 off car, but dropped rapidly. Not sure if it's completely gone, but it doesn't look good.

Very weak indeed. Oh well. Guess I'll hit up autozone and hope they stock.

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
See if you have a battery plus near you. last week I picked up a new battery for my vtx there (before I knew about this amazon deal). They carry Motocross batteries which are made by Yuasa and identical to their OEM. They just use the Motocross name so they can market it as an aftermarket brand. My OEM Yuasa lasted 9 years!