40 Thousand

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
Just past the 40k mark.

That is 40 thousand kms in just over 2 years. Trouble free and fun riding!
And NO I am not bored of it at all...Still scares the **** out of me from time to time also.

Many thanks to all for the advice gain here on the forums. Special thanks to wolfman! dude you rock. Helped me out on numerous occasions especially when it got hit whilst parked.

Time to get it ready for motogp!

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
Yeah I think it is a major one for me.

Valves, Oil, Plugs, Filters, brake pads and fluid, and a new rear tyre!

I think I will have to sell a kidney...Its just a matter of choosing whose to sell lol.

Bills quote - $800 mumbled something about valves.
The Garage - $800 to match it. Specifically said "shock oil, valves, radiator coolant etc" Add $60 for brakes and $350 for the tyre.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I will have to sell a kidney...Its just a matter of choosing whose to sell lol.

The Garage - $800 to match it. Specifically said "shock oil, valves, radiator coolant etc" Add $60 for brakes and $350 for the tyre.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious ?? $800 :shakehead: I just had a major service on the XJR which was fluids (engine & brake) , plugs , filters (air & oil) , lube all the usuals & tightened the head bearings for a huge total of $216 :cheer:

I asked about a price incuding valves at the next major & he quoted around $440 but then told me he wouldnt waste his time or my money because he has never seen any that needed doing that early :thumbup:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I think it is a major one for me.

Valves, Oil, Plugs, Filters, brake pads and fluid, and a new rear tyre!

Do the easy stuff yourself... Maybe leave just the valves for the shop....:thumbup:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Do the easy stuff yourself... Maybe leave just the valves for the shop....:thumbup:

Valves are a big pain in the arse... But, if you have a free weekend day to yourself, and know how to do it, it will keep your wallet fatter :thumbup:

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
my 09 plate is on 38,000miles or 62,000kms which every you prefer, and i hate to admit it but i havent done the valves yet:spank: nothing wrong with it and never miss a beat.

got a set of plugs at home for this weekend as the current ones have been in there for just over 20,000miles....

just dont have the time to take it to the shop for the valve check as i do roughly 800miles/1300km a week on the poor thing and the bikes only 2 years old in september this year:eek:

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
IF i stay at this job for another year my bike could be on 74,000miles / 122,000kms before its thrid birthday:(... im going to kill it before its 3 let alone its first MOT

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
by the sounds of humpy's post I think I need to make some more calls.

Dont worry bout the valve adjustment....it wont need it....bring it to my joint, i will service it for free! Other than consumable's of course!

:thumbup:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Take your beast to wolf's place mate

He's an expert on the field, just give the guy some nice and cold beers, I guess he won't be angry about it :D

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious ?? $800 :shakehead: I just had a major service on the XJR which was fluids (engine & brake) , plugs , filters (air & oil) , lube all the usuals & tightened the head bearings for a huge total of $216 :cheer:

I asked about a price incuding valves at the next major & he quoted around $440 but then told me he wouldnt waste his time or my money because he has never seen any that needed doing that early :thumbup:

Hey Hump, where was this at? My FZ1 is coming close to the 40km mark.... may skip the valves this time by :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard Jamie quote some SA prices & sadly you guys do get raped down there :( Even your tyres are nearly double what we pay in Qld

Dont talk to me about tyres, i have paid out just over $1000 for 4 tyres in the last fortnight!

:eek: