4 weeks & 4,500 miles through Europe

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
Just spent 4 weeks & 4500 miles on a camping tour of Europe, mostly in the Alpine regions riding the passes in Switzerland, Austria & Italy.

The FZ6 worked very well. 100% reliable. 60 mpg (UK).

The only slight downside was a lack of low down torque for the uphill alpine hairpin bends. First was too low and second too high. Which tended to mean some judicious clutch and rear brake usage to make smooth turns.

However on the more open stretches, the bike flew!

It makes an excellent mini tourer.

FZ6onpass.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful photo!! You should enter it in BOTM. What a great place to tour. Sounds like you had a god time!! :thumbup:

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just spent 4 weeks & 4500 miles on a camping tour of Europe, mostly in the Alpine regions riding the passes in Switzerland, Austria & Italy.

The FZ6 worked very well. 100% reliable. 60 mpg (UK).

The only slight downside was a lack of low down torque for the uphill alpine hairpin bends. First was too low and second too high. Which tended to mean some judicious clutch and rear brake usage to make smooth turns.

However on the more open stretches, the bike flew!

It makes an excellent mini tourer.

FZ6onpass.jpg

Were you anywhere near Lauterbrunnen (spelling?)? I spent a week there about 2 years ago & it was beautiful. I remember seeing a lot of bikes riding the twisties while I was there too.

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
The alps is riding heaven. :D

Not sure if I went to Lauterbrunnen, maybe, there are just so many places to explore that you tend to forget a lot of the place names.

Did the major passes, Stelvio, sustenpass, Grimwald, Furka etc as well as lots of smaller ones in the Dolomites and Triglavski.

I'm from the UK so miles it is! Luckily the FZ can swop between miles and km easily. So about 7200Km for our Euro friends.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really good, the pic is BOM material. I do hope you had time to spend in the warmer parts of those countries as well. I'd be doing something similar myself, if my other half actually applied for her passport :spank: , although I'd be staying in hotels rather than camping.

I take it that's not a stock seat that you have on the FZ? The standard seat makes my rear end numb after 100ish miles, although I use that as a reason to stop and have a smoke :D Most I've done in a day so far is around 380ish going over to visit friends in the lake district and back.

Do you have more pics?

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a Top Saddlery seat. Worked well. Apart from the first couple and last couple of days of around 300miles most days were between 130 and 160 miles.

I took a few pics, this was in the Dolomites, brilliant place.

FZ6inDolomites.jpg