Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful bike!

I fell in love with this bike a while back.
BMW+HP2+Sport.jpg

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful bike!

I fell in love with this bike a while back.
BMW+HP2+Sport.jpg

the boxer doesnt put out enough power for a Supersport though... thats why the HP4/S1000rr replaced it.

but this NineT bike is the kind of retro-ish bare bones bike that everybody needs to be making. its everything the CB1100 should have been:

*Modern inverted adjustable suspension (not Telelever®)
*6-speed
*4.8 gallon tank (3.9 on the Honda)
*110hp (vs. the Honda's 87)
*and its cool, not just a throwback because your company (Honda) makes stupid bikes and cant come up with anything the public wants other than the old.

Last edited:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BMW sure does make some nice looking bikes.....a few weird ones, too!:D

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's so weird, where's the left side's swingarm?!

You really never seen a single sided swingarm before? It's old news at BMW and Ducati, I have even seen a Kawasaki ZX-14 with one.

I like the look of the NineT, nice retro look. It's the kind of thing that almost got me onto an XJR1300 before I bought my FZ.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That tail/muffler design is unique.

EDIT: I'm talking about the bike Motogiro posted I guess, not the OP...

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
the boxer doesnt put out enough power for a Supersport though... thats why the HP4/S1000rr replaced it.

but this NineT bike is the kind of retro-ish bare bones bike that everybody needs to be making. its everything the CB1100 should have been:

*Modern inverted adjustable suspension
*6-speed
*4.8 gallon tank (3.9 on the Honda)
*110hp (vs. the Honda's 87)
*and its cool, not just a throwback because your company (Honda) makes stupid bikes and cant come up with anything the public wants other than the old.

We won't discuss suspension.....Front suspension: Telelever Öhlins, fully adj
Rear suspension: Öhlins monoshock, fully adj

Read more: BMW HP2 Sport first ride review - HP2 Sport - 4 - Page 4 - Road Tests: First Rides - Visordown

I've seen ratings for the HP2 motor around 130 HP and 83 foot lbs of torque. Claimed dry weight is 392 lbs. Okay it's not 175 horses but there are a lot of people that have a problem exploiting 600cc supersports let alone a liter supersport. If I were on a track I might choose a more competitive combo but the HP2 is a little different from the standard boxer engine. You can check your valve lash every weekend! LOl! :)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You really never seen a single sided swingarm before? It's old news at BMW and Ducati, I have even seen a Kawasaki ZX-14 with one.

I like the look of the NineT, nice retro look. It's the kind of thing that almost got me onto an XJR1300 before I bought my FZ.
Nah not really up on the larger displacement/priced bikes, or just never looked cosely enough haha.