2013 Stanley Cup playoff thread

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Both my picks won... Blackhawks and Bruins both take game 1

Rask absolutely earned that shutout, and the Horton line made the best of opportunities given to them.

What was up with Sid tonight? Cheapshot on Rask, whining to the refs, challenging Chara? Has he lost his mind?

I lost a bit of respect for the guy tonight, I don't know what he was thinking, getting fired up in a bad way as the leader of your team isn't helping Pitt.

Should be a great series!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Crosby certainly looked more mature last night, gained some respect back. 6-1 sure was fun to watch after nobody gave the Bs even a shot in this series. Pens gotta change something or it will be a short series

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah hopefully they can pull their heads out of their asses tonight. The first two games were pitiful, they had no discipline, their gameplan was all wrong. You don't hit against Boston. You outskill them. And for *&^#'s sake, put Iggy on the right wing!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
What a great hockey game! Penguins adjusted and came out like we expected them to in game 1. Vokoun and Rask played their asses off in that game. LeTang played like a defenseman instead of a forward, and it made for a classic goaltending duel. Friday should be interesting

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
Great game indeed! I am not sure how interesting the game will be though. Penguins seem to give everything they had last night and it was good but still not good enough. I sense a sweep coming!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Great game indeed! I am not sure how interesting the game will be though. Penguins seem to give everything they had last night and it was good but still not good enough. I sense a sweep coming!

I'm not about to claim anything like that for fear of jinxing it... But it is nice to think that NOBODY in the media gave Boston a shot in this series now their up 3-0...

How bout Campbell breaking his leg on a blocked shot then continuing to stay on Ice and finish the PK? That's the essence of hockey right there.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not about to claim anything like that for fear of jinxing it... But it is nice to think that NOBODY in the media gave Boston a shot in this series now their up 3-0...

How bout Campbell breaking his leg on a blocked shot then continuing to stay on Ice and finish the PK? That's the essence of hockey right there.

Damn straight, he's a badass.

If the Pens juggernaut offense can start putting them in, I feel it will be a tidal wave that cannot be stopped.

But if they let in another early goal, they're golfing Sunday.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Great game! Both teams played solid and Zdeno Chara saves the game TWICE while on the ground. Good series PITT

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was an intense game last night! Double ot! Toews with that sick pass to pat kane for the game winner. Bruins are goin downnn!!!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
It was an intense game last night! Double ot! Toews with that sick pass to pat kane for the game winner. Bruins are goin downnn!!!

I said in the beginning of OT if the hawks scored it was going to be with Kane on the ice. Him finally contributing should make an interesting finals... Original Six matchup!

Just glad the pens and kings didn't make it to the finals :D

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Easier to list what the Bruins did right that game...so here goes:
PP goal
PK top notch even without Soupy
Hmmm... Struggling...
Rask was pretty solid, victim of a couple unlucky bounces

Think that's it... Krug with a bad rookie turnover...
Horton injured, maybe the worst game passing wise I've seen the Bs play in a while, lots if turnovers, ultimately leading to our demise.

Oh Lucic played his ass off as did the rest of the HuLK line.

Anyways I'm sure Claude will get them ready for game 2 with many many passing drills.

Long night, yes I stayed up for it!

Good win Hawks well deserved

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got stuck working :/ had to listen to it on the radio. Saw some highlights though. That last goal was pretty lucky haha. Attack the net and a chance is bound to come..

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Tuukka Rask single handedly kept us in that game. That should've been a blowout but Tuukk kept us in in and 2nd half of the game was very good. Looking forward to game 3!