2013 Stanley Cup playoff thread

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Wings lost in OT 3-2 last night. Now down 3-2 in the series coming back to detroit. Here's hoping we can pull it out..

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Wings lost in OT 3-2 last night. Now down 3-2 in the series coming back to detroit. Here's hoping we can pull it out..

That's been a great series, as has the Pens/islanders. Habs are out, Boston plays Toronto at home up 3-1 in the series. Would be great to see round 2 after last years 1st round- and-out handed to us by the Caps.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Islanders lose a very winnable game and are out.

Should be some good playoff hockey tomorrow! BOS V TOR I'm callin either bruins in six or Toronto in 7... Whoever wins tomorrow wins the series I think (hope I'm wrong If Boston loses but trying to be objective lol)

Caps V NYR I think caps finish them tomorrow, they're a streaky team and when they smell blood they pounce. However I think Ovechkin needs to turn it up a notch on D if he wants the caps to go deep.

AND game 7: ducks and red wings- too close to call. Would like the ducks to move on but game 7s are unpredictable!

Can't wait for the pens V Ottawa series, that should be a great series!

Lets go spokes!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Portland Winterhawks win the Western Hockey League title! Now on to the Memorial Cup Playoffs for the best of junior hockey. :thumbup: Go Blackhawks!

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Being from Montreal... I'm a big Habs fan. Well, got a world class whoop a$$ this year!!! Had a good regular season but never shown up for the playoff!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Not optimistic about the leafs- bruins game. Reimer is playing all star goalkeeper and our offense hasn't meshed the last 2 games

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
It's the season of bird hunting here in Detroit. First, Duck season. Now Blackhawk season.

Watch out Chicago. ;)

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Bruins win! Nice overtime goal between Bergy and Marchand, much happier about this matchup than Bruins V TOR... Looked good against a strong defensive team

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Wings take a 2-1 series lead over the Blackhawks! Good series.

Recap around the league:

Pens up 2-1 after a game 3 loss to Ottawa

Kings up 2-1 over the Sharks

Again Wings up 2-1 over Hawks

Bruins up 2-0 after a 5-2 victory over NY- series heads to NY now where the Rangers turned it around against the caps... Should get interesting

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Wings take a 2-1 series lead over the Blackhawks! Good series.

Recap around the league:

Pens up 2-1 after a game 3 loss to Ottawa

Kings up 2-1 over the Sharks

Again Wings up 2-1 over Hawks

Bruins up 2-0 after a 5-2 victory over NY- series heads to NY now where the Rangers turned it around against the caps... Should get interesting

Did you see that wings game last night? Heck of a game!

I know a lot of people are complaining about Shaw's "knee goal" not counting, but even if it did, the play where Franzen got hurt should have resulted in a penalty, and therefore no goal. Not to mention, datsyuk's laser shot to cap it all off... Sheesh, what a game!

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you see that wings game last night? Heck of a game!

I know a lot of people are complaining about Shaw's "knee goal" not counting, but even if it did, the play where Franzen got hurt should have resulted in a penalty, and therefore no goal. Not to mention, datsyuk's laser shot to cap it all off... Sheesh, what a game!

Pulling for the Wings...however:
I'm not so sure about the Franzen play. Replays seemed to show he didn't even make head contact with the boards/glass, and was probably embellishing hoping to get a call. Either way, not even sure it would have been a penalty. He turned to face the boards at the last second. Franzen needed to show what real hockey players are made of and get back up and get in the play. Not crumple in a ball like a soccer player.

And the "no goal" was a gift, there was no interference. But that's hockey, and I don't like the Hawks anyway.

Datsyuk....Wow is all I can say.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Pulling for the Wings...however:
I'm not so sure about the Franzen play. Replays seemed to show he didn't even make head contact with the boards/glass, and was probably embellishing hoping to get a call. Either way, not even sure it would have been a penalty. He turned to face the boards at the last second. Franzen needed to show what real hockey players are made of and get back up and get in the play. Not crumple in a ball like a soccer player.

And the "no goal" was a gift, there was no interference. But that's hockey, and I don't like the Hawks anyway.

Datsyuk....Wow is all I can say.

Those are all very fair statements. Who was it that took that huge hit in the 3rd at the end? Colaiacovo? Like seriously gigantic (clean) hit right into the boards... still made the play and got back up? Impressive.

I guess I really just liked seeing a lot of the new guys go out there looking like they have something to prove. Chicago's good, and they're not going to let this go easily... but dang. Go wings.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant believe the hawks are down in the series! Toews needs to pull it together. He hasnt scored any goals in the playoffs yet and really hasnt been playing his best. Theyll get it together though. Theyre the better team..

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Who was it that took that huge hit in the 3rd at the end? Colaiacovo? Like seriously gigantic (clean) hit right into the boards... still made the play and got back up? Impressive.

Yep, unreal. Colaiacovo was the guy. He was absolutely destroyed by Shaw (as you said, legally) and got right back up. True grit. And you gotta love that first goal by good ole Gustav (Nyquist). What patience! Amazing.