2012 FZ6R mods?

mafiahalo93

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi im new here and i just gotten my first bike which is the 2012 FZ6R and was wondering if there was any mods i can do to it. i really like the bike but the problems i have with it is that the exhaust system is ugly and look like 50 pounds of weight and the bike not very loud and to me that a problem like when i drive around or follow my dad as he drive his car he cant hear the bike when driving so to me that bad cause i think someone wont hear me in there blind spot and i will get side swiped and i know a slip-on wont do much im already saving money for a new clutch and front break lever so can anyone help me out with mods.PS i live in CA so i cant just take the exhaust system to a shop and have them put it on since they say it illegal

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi im new here and i just gotten my first bike which is the 2012 FZ6R and was wondering if there was any mods i can do to it. i really like the bike but the problems i have with it is that the exhaust system is ugly and look like 50 pounds of weight and the bike not very loud and to me that a problem like when i drive around or follow my dad as he drive his car he cant hear the bike when driving so to me that bad cause i think someone wont hear me in there blind spot and i will get side swiped and i know a slip-on wont do much im already saving money for a new clutch and front break lever so can anyone help me out with mods.PS i live in CA so i cant just take the exhaust system to a shop and have them put it on since they say it illegal

this is the fz6 forum you are more than welcome here but the fz6 is the previous model s1 04-06 and s2 07-09 i think that would be a question better suited for the fz6r forum and never forget :needpics:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi im new here and i just gotten my first bike which is the 2012 FZ6R and was wondering if there was any mods i can do to it.

Like gelv said, check out FZ6R Forum Community

I think you may have to get a full exhaust system and not just a slip on for the FZ6R. A slip on won't get rid of that 50 pound box you got underneath your bike. Of course a full system will be much more expensive!

Last edited:

MichaelInVenice

Reaction score
Visit site
Tons of information about this at the FZ6R forum that others have referenced.

You can't do a store-bought slip-on for the FZ6R, as the exhaust is one piece. One of the members there and here (Marthy) has an exhaust solution for the FZ6R that allows you to add a slip on by reworking the headers.

Head over there and check it out.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site

Best way to avoid someone not seeing you in their blind spot, is to not be there in the first place. Even with a full system, your bike won't be loud enough to be heard until you get up in the revs and have the throttle open a good amount... so it's not like you'll just be sitting there.

And since you live in CA, anything you do to the exhaust will have to be undone come inspection time. Just keep that in mind.

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think CA has a inspection for bikes only if its from outta state, they just check the vin and engine numbers and then after that its just a matter of registering every year.