2010 Triumph Motorcycles Announced

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the new red with white stripe on the Speed Triple 1050.

Ours is a 09 and it's orange. I think it looks much better in the red.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 09 Street Triple R and absolutely love it. Amazing bike and amazing engineering. I highly recommend them to anyone even remotely interested in one.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Triumph has such a nice motorcycle but so does BMW for sport bikes and rockets. My brother has a BMW cruiser 1200 European model and its a great ride for long distance. I always found it interesting how his engine on his bike sits sideways compared to the other bikes.

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
I am still waiting on my 2010 Street Triple R to arrive. Getting anxious especially after how nice the wearther is now; 12 degrees Celsius. There were so many bikes out this weekend, it was kind of hard to watch and not get upset.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am still waiting on my 2010 Street Triple R to arrive. Getting anxious especially after how nice the wearther is now; 12 degrees Celsius. There were so many bikes out this weekend, it was kind of hard to watch and not get upset.
Very jealous. Did you order the matt grey?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

You're going to love that bike. My 2009 STR is a dream bike. I have yet to feel the need to modify anything on it and have had it almost a year now (in May). Whereas my FZ, I was constantly looking for something to do on it to make it "better".

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
cbr600rr is a better bike.along with the r6.zx-6r and the gsx-r600 at least thats what the middle weight comparison tests say.

That's not the reviews I've been reading... I don't want to start an argument over this though. Bikes are a personal and frankly emotional choice when we decide which one to buy. Many reviewers think the Daytona 675 is a far better bike than the Japanese equivalents and even gave it the nod over the Ducati 848 in a head up track day comparison.

All I can say is that I am very happy with my Triumph and do not regret the purchase at all. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for something different, that you may not see a dozen of on your ride to work :):cough:: GSXR)

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
Very jealous. Did you order the matt grey?

No I ordered the phantom black with gold wheels, like in the picture.

I am not sure how many my dealership will get. I am second in line. If not I will be getting the matte grey.

I am pumped and can't wait!

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
You're going to love that bike. My 2009 STR is a dream bike. I have yet to feel the need to modify anything on it and have had it almost a year now (in May). Whereas my FZ, I was constantly looking for something to do on it to make it "better".

I hear ya on that! That's one of my main reasons for going this route. The STR is all around better bike out of the box. I am quite busy and wouldn't have time to mod the suspension, brakes etc on the FZ to make it even in the same category as the STR. Although, I can get a brand new 08 FZ here at an insanely low price. It's very tempting but I am sticking with the STR.

someday

Reaction score
Visit site
That's not the reviews I've been reading... I don't want to start an argument over this though. Bikes are a personal and frankly emotional choice when we decide which one to buy. Many reviewers think the Daytona 675 is a far better bike than the Japanese equivalents and even gave it the nod over the Ducati 848 in a head up track day comparison.

All I can say is that I am very happy with my Triumph and do not regret the purchase at all. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for something different, that you may not see a dozen of on your ride to work :):cough:: GSXR)

gotta agree whith the 675 being a good ( aint starting a fight over if its better ) bike its got everything a regular 600 gots but a better price 8,099 for a brand new 2009 near me brand new r6,cbr,gixxer, around 1-2 thousand more

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
cbr600rr is a better bike.along with the r6.zx-6r and the gsx-r600 at least thats what the middle weight comparison tests say.

This was taken from another forum (not posted by me).

With the upcoming race at Kyalami on Sunday, I'd like to share an article in the April issue of MotorCyclingSA.com magazine.

Its the SuperSport shootout at Kyalami racetrack, all bikes were stock standard road trim and all the bikes were ridden by Sheridan Morias.

Results are as follows:

1. Triumph Daytona 675 (Surprise, surprise) (1,47.2)
2. Kawasaki ZX-6R (1,48.1)
3. Honda CBR600RR (1,48.6)
4. Yamaha YZF-R6 (1,48.8)

For all you in the Southern African region, do yourself a favour and check out the magazine (and, no, I don't work for them), Robert Portman (SA Supersport Daytona 675) is the editor and Shez is a tester and columnist.
MotorcyclingSA.com South Africa's Premier Motorcycling racing related site

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site

All those bikes are good. Personal appeal plays such a roll in the "which bike is better game".
Just from an observation standpoint, I bet each of The Big Four has a larger advertising budget, and don't tell me that doesn't play into the unbiased reviews.