2009 Pontiac Vibe vs 2 yr. old deer-no pics

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Deer wins. Wife Maggie smacked a healthy doe this AM on her way to work. She's fine, the deer is dead, and so is the Vibe. What a way to start the day. The Pontiac performed as designed with a lot of impact dissipated through the front panels and bracket structure. I arrived with knife in hand but no salvageable meat for the freezer. That just adds insult to injury.
The point of all this is to say that had it been me on the FZ6 I can see a much worse scenario. Just a reminder to keep a sharp eye out for the big brown bunnies that move in the early AM and late PM. Be safe, mates!

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha. I was just thinking "I hope he kept it". Shame you couldn't get some dinner out of the deal.

I have a friend that grew up in Alaska, and her family was on the "moose list". Holy crap those things can give up a lot of meat!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the car but glad that Maggie is ok. I've seen a lot of deer so far this year......even in the middle of the day!

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the car but glad that Maggie is ok. I've seen a lot of deer so far this year......even in the middle of the day!

I too have seen a lot of deer around the roads lately. Unfortunately, they're also in the same areas as most of the good/fun roads around here.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad your wife is o.k. and it wasn't you on your bike. We like to call those "antlered rats" here in Nor. Cal.
P.S. there wasn't even enough left for some deer jerky? :BLAA:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the car, glad your wife is ok. I've hit a few deer myself in my cars. I was wondering do those deer whistles work?

A friend of mine went on a ride with his friends this spring, and one of the riders in just in front of him hit a deer, and kept on riding. His friends tried to stop him and see if he was ok, he didn't stop until he needed gas, and there was a quit a bit of damage, but the bike was still ridable, and the guy was freaked out and didn't want to stop.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Sorry to hear about the car, glad your wife is ok. I've hit a few deer myself in my cars. I was wondering do those deer whistles work?

A friend of mine went on a ride with his friends this spring, and one of the riders in just in front of him hit a deer, and kept on riding. His friends tried to stop him and see if he was ok, he didn't stop until he needed gas, and there was a quit a bit of damage, but the bike was still ridable, and the guy was freaked out and didn't want to stop.

Not very effective, apparently: http://www.bioacoustics.uconn.edu/reports/ARLOManuscript326 FINAL.pdf

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this, Jack! Glad your wife is OK, sorry the car isn't. Hopefully she is not too shook up by it.

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad your wife is o.k. and it wasn't you on your bike. We like to call those "antlered rats" here in Nor. Cal.
P.S. there wasn't even enough left for some deer jerky? :BLAA:

Honestly I've dealt with enough road kill to know that this one was clearly a case of diminishing returns. Too much work for too little jerky! I called my DOT buddy and he sent a crew to pick up the deer right away. They will putter around with it-salvage all they can- and some cold winter night after they've been out plowing snow for hours they'll have a hot stew. Wise use of natural resources!
Thank you all for your concerns about Maggie. This is a great forum.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad she's OK. Sad about the Vibe caue they don't make them anymore. My son has a Vibe GT, great car around town and a great trip car.

Saw a dead dear on the middle of a 6 lane road earlier this year and was telling a co-worker who hunts about it. "That was a very expensive bullet, I try and use the cheap ones to kill deer" was his reply.

I saw a deer last fall standing in the road, at a distance it looked like a black dog. Only as I got closer did I realise it was a deer. When you see one look for more.