2009 MotoGP Round 11 - Brno, Czech Republic

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
"If you want to finish first, you must first finish". - Max Biaggi after he won the WSBK Race 1 at Brno.

Jorge didn't have to crash. He was so anxious not to finish second to Rossi, he let his head get away from him. When we watched his front wheel slide away we might as well have been watching his concentration going as well. If he had let Rossi by, he could have passed again later in the race. Lorenzo is a very talented rider and there is no one contesting that fact , but he wants it all now and his lack of patience on the track is also reflected off the track.

The rumors are flying now about which team Lorenzo will sign with for next year and how it affects the fortunes of other riders. First it was Honda and the talk of Lorenzo being teamed with Dani Pedrosa, his nemesis in the 250 class. Then that offer was discounted as Honda's Mr. Suzuki prematurely announced the signing of Pedrosa and Andrea Dovisioso. Now we are hearing strong talk of a deal with Ducati as Casey Stoner's future is unclear as ever. This deal would throw Nicky Hayden back to Yamaha. Why? I don't know, but that's what is being talked about.

It is all very exciting and I for one am on the edge of my seat to see what happens next. One constant in all this is Valentino Rossi, having one of the best seasons in his career and looks to repeat as champion. He (and others) have worked very hard to reach this pinnacle and enjoy the view from the top and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone cheering him on.

I am looking forward to Indy and the results of, not only the race, but the contract negotiations going on behind the scene.