2008 Fz6 price

joshrain

Reaction score
Visit site
hello,

i have seen fz6 with different headlights and sometime being called s2/s3, etc?
what is the difference?

i would like to buy the following bike as shown in this picture, what type of Fz6 is that called?
2008 Yamaha FZ6 Photo Gallery Detail
also, what color is that bike? (does one call it dark blue)?

also, if this is going to be my first bike ( should i go for a brand new or look around for a used one?) my concern with used is i might get cheated as i don't know much about bikes and i don't know anyone who can come with me and help me out.

also, the price on the website says $6999, is that what people end up paying or can one negotiate with the price?

i live in central new jersey (usa), anyone know if there are any good tracks nearby? are there riders from nj in this forums.

last, how is the gas mileage for the fz6 for 1 gallon of gas and how much do you guys pay for insurance premium (25 years age). my primary reason to buy a bike is gas is getting too expensive and the fz6 seems like a comfortable bike. (have not test ridden it as the dealers here don't allow it due to high insurance cost, but the seating felt good)

thanks !

--josh

swigersway

Reaction score
Visit site
I do not know about your headlight/S2/S3 question. All the years since the 2004 intro look the same to me. your link is a picture of the one and only FZ6. Yamaha calls the color Cobalt Blue. They only other color available in the US for 2008 models is Raven. If this is your first bike used or new depends upon your money. Google for NADA or Kelley Blue Book. I am picking up a 2008 at in Toledo TODAY. Price is $6150 plus $100 paperwork stuff. I went new because I do not have time to sort out the honest and dishonest and quite frankly, I have seen barely used 2007s going for $5500. It is worth it to me to get new so that I can take care of it right from mile one. Gas mileage is being quoted at 47 MPG. No one seems to allow test driving much of anywhere these days. If you are looking used check Ebay, Cycletrader.com and Craigslist. Good luck.

Norm
99 K1200 LT (ours)
07 Suzuki GZ250 (hers)

joshrain

Reaction score
Visit site
I do not know about your headlight/S2/S3 question. All the years since the 2004 intro look the same to me. your link is a picture of the one and only FZ6. Yamaha calls the color Cobalt Blue. They only other color available in the US for 2008 models is Raven. If this is your first bike used or new depends upon your money. Google for NADA or Kelley Blue Book. I am picking up a 2008 at in Toledo TODAY. Price is $6150 plus $100 paperwork stuff. I went new because I do not have time to sort out the honest and dishonest and quite frankly, I have seen barely used 2007s going for $5500. It is worth it to me to get new so that I can take care of it right from mile one. Gas mileage is being quoted at 47 MPG. No one seems to allow test driving much of anywhere these days. If you are looking used check Ebay, Cycletrader.com and Craigslist. Good luck.

Norm
99 K1200 LT (ours)
07 Suzuki GZ250 (hers)
thanks norm!

norm, can you tell me where are you buying your 2008 fz6 for $6150? i have been seeing various threads on the forums about streetfighter/naked and different headlights version, i hope some other members can shed some light on that. i might ultimately go for a new one unless i can find a good price. i am surprised that the gas mileage is being quoted at 47mpg, i was expecting more, oh well... thanks for the advice and the pointer to nada/kelly. good luck on your new 2008.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Josh,

I paid $6600 OTD in New Hampshire for a 2008 Cobalt Blue (dark blue) about 3 weeks ago. Other's in my area have purchased for a few hundred less to a few hundred more. Most dealers, including mine, will start the negotiations well over $7k. But because of this site I knew what other were paying so I was firm and they came down to $6600. This included everything except Sales Tax and Registration, which in Massachusetts you pay directly to the registry of motor vehicles.

I was able to test ride a used '07 model at my dealer before buying the '08, but one of the requirements for the test ride was having a motorcycle license for more than 5 years. Note the blue on the '08 model is darker than the blue on the '07 model. The only new bikes I have ever been able to test ride is at a nearby BMW dealer (when you are even remotely interested in a bike they throw you the keys and say "take it out for a nice ride and have fun") and at Americade (which is going on this week in NY BTW).

There were a number of changes when the '07 model was introduced, including the wind screen, instrumentation, and FI system. I think the headlights were more or less the same however.

During break in, during which I am often changing speeds and gears, but keeping the RPMs mostly below 7K, I've been getting 47-48mpg.

Good luck!

John

Last edited:

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
hello,

i have seen fz6 with different headlights and sometime being called s2/s3, etc?
what is the difference?

i would like to buy the following bike as shown in this picture, what type of Fz6 is that called?
2008 Yamaha FZ6 Photo Gallery Detail
also, what color is that bike? (does one call it dark blue)?

also, if this is going to be my first bike ( should i go for a brand new or look around for a used one?) my concern with used is i might get cheated as i don't know much about bikes and i don't know anyone who can come with me and help me out.

also, the price on the website says $6999, is that what people end up paying or can one negotiate with the price?

i live in central new jersey (usa), anyone know if there are any good tracks nearby? are there riders from nj in this forums.

last, how is the gas mileage for the fz6 for 1 gallon of gas and how much do you guys pay for insurance premium (25 years age). my primary reason to buy a bike is gas is getting too expensive and the fz6 seems like a comfortable bike. (have not test ridden it as the dealers here don't allow it due to high insurance cost, but the seating felt good)

thanks !

--josh

Looks like an FZ6 Fazer S2 to me, same as mine, although mine is Lava Red and a UK model. Unsure if there's any real difference. I did haggle a bit and got £500 off the book price, around $1000 US off. With the current exchange rate I paid just under $9000 US for mine. I'm getting around 48mpg out of mine and I don't take it easy - it likes to be revved. Although a gallon here is slightly more than a gallon in the US. Here a gallon is 4.54 litres, and from memory, in the US it's 4 litres - so probably around low 40's in the US, but only you know how you ride.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid about $8000 for mine after everything (not including lojack, warranties, etc) Make sure you talk them down and pay attention to what you are signing! They will say "this form is for such and such if you just want to sign right there". If you're too caught up in the moment you will sign it without noticing that each form you sign is jacking up the price. It will make the process longer, but look everything over and decide if you really want those extras or if you want to opt out.

I hope I'm making sense.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
S2 is the 2007+ half faired version (the only one sold in the US)
$6600 s\(OTD excluding taxes and registration) sounds about right - don't pay much more

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid slightly more than most because i wanted to be the first on the block with an '08 (Oct. 31st, 2007) I got the cobalt (the color you pictured) and it is a great machine. If I try I can get around 50mpg with it but I usually end up in the upper 30's :rockon: It is not known as a high mileage machine but it does everything else with ease. Insurance is the one thing I would tell you to shop around for. The S2 version etc. does not apply to us 'mericans..... only our UK brethren. the different headlights is also a UK thing where they get the naked version from the factory.

Ras Thavas

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats the one I just got. Paid $6450 before taxes, tags, and some gear. A dealer about an hours drive away from me quoted me that price and my local dealer matched it.

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid about $8000 for mine after everything (not including lojack, warranties, etc) Make sure you talk them down and pay attention to what you are signing! They will say "this form is for such and such if you just want to sign right there". If you're too caught up in the moment you will sign it without noticing that each form you sign is jacking up the price. It will make the process longer, but look everything over and decide if you really want those extras or if you want to opt out.

I hope I'm making sense.

yep definitely watch them close. read everything. the dealer screwed me good on my warrior

CITX

Reaction score
Visit site
$6190 + taxes, title, and lic.= $6775 OTD. 08 Coblat blue at Abernathys in Union City, TN. Great deal!

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a new 2006 about 2 months ago from a dealer for about $5300 OTD and added 2 more years warranty for another $350. The color is the same blue color. Honda has a color like this and it is refered to as blurple.

Darrin

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a NEW 2008 on eBay a few months ago... go for 5300 OTD!!!! Some dealer in Hollywood. I totally missed that deal!

I bought a new 2008 from a dealer in WI on eBay (TA Motorsports in Francis Creek) for $5470 OTD. The used market is really having a hard time adjusting their prices (see above) for the fact that dealers are aggressively pricing new models (if you shop around).

jazond

KneeDragger in training
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to steal the "For Sale" thunder... but I bought a new 09 FZ6 in Cobolt (they had a Raven also) from the dealer 3 weeks ago $5999 out the door. Collensville Yamaha in Il...

Called Friday morning about it, had a buddy drive me there for lunch that day and rode it back to the office.