2007 Yamaha FZ6 w/ Full Givi Luggage Sport Touring the way it should be (IL/WI)

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well then I guess it wasn't replaced just transferred. lol. that's a beautiful scene.

Exactly.. I loved riding the FZ6, but it was purchased to be my sport touring bike.. Then I bought a Dual Sport Touring bike and I decided to sell the Fz6 while it was still very fresh.. I'd gotten a good deal when I bought it last fall because it was the end of the season and the person I bough it from needed to sell it so she could buy the bike she wanted.. I just passed the savings onto the next person..

And I've been wanting on of the 1200GS's since they came out, but I didn't want to spend the money.. So, I was patient and found one that happened to be 6 years old, but only had 8500 miles on it..:thumbup: Of course I've managed to put 3000 miles on it in the last week.

The only reason the FZ6 was even considered for selling was purely physical.. I needed garage space..:BLAA:

And the trip home from Spokane was a blast!! I got to see parts of the country I hadn't seen before, I did it at my pace, and I went where I wanted to go.. If you ever get a chance to take a trip alone, do it!! While it's great to share stuff with a buddy or spouse, just being alone has advantages, too.

A few more photos of the trip home..

SDC11993.jpg

SDC11894.jpg

SDC11900.jpg

SDC11922.jpg

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
that's kinda funny......didnt you have an fz6 and go to an fz1? :D

congrats on the sale, paper.

No, looking for a friend. I thought of buying another one for commuting and mpg but it just gives around 43 and my FZ1 gives like 36 so am fine with it.

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Paper - its in the garage and enjoying its cozy little spot I made for it this past week. Thank you again for the great bike and I hope to see you again in the future. I did notice that with my height I may look at a different windscreen. Way to many choices out there between CalSci, CeeBaileys, Givi, etc. I will have to do some research.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly.. I loved riding the FZ6, but it was purchased to be my sport touring bike.. Then I bought a Dual Sport Touring bike and I decided to sell the Fz6 while it was still very fresh.. I'd gotten a good deal when I bought it last fall because it was the end of the season and the person I bough it from needed to sell it so she could buy the bike she wanted.. I just passed the savings onto the next person..

And I've been wanting on of the 1200GS's since they came out, but I didn't want to spend the money.. So, I was patient and found one that happened to be 6 years old, but only had 8500 miles on it..:thumbup: Of course I've managed to put 3000 miles on it in the last week.

The only reason the FZ6 was even considered for selling was purely physical.. I needed garage space..:BLAA:

And the trip home from Spokane was a blast!! I got to see parts of the country I hadn't seen before, I did it at my pace, and I went where I wanted to go.. If you ever get a chance to take a trip alone, do it!! While it's great to share stuff with a buddy or spouse, just being alone has advantages, too.

A few more photos of the trip home..

that's some amazing scenery..... some day. thanks for posting

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of those boxes, is that one mounting system for the top and side boxes? Do they hold a full face helmet?

All three hold a full face helmet (you're talking FZ6, right?)

It's a full Givi setup.. I bought it on the bike, but I know the whole thing is available from Sporttour.com.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Paper - its in the garage and enjoying its cozy little spot I made for it this past week. Thank you again for the great bike and I hope to see you again in the future. I did notice that with my height I may look at a different windscreen. Way to many choices out there between CalSci, CeeBaileys, Givi, etc. I will have to do some research.

You have no idea how bummed I was as I walked back into the building when you guys left.. :( I will miss that bike.. I didn't have it that long, but it was lot of fun last fall and this spring, and the space in the garage is nice to have..

Before you spend some cash on other windscreens, try that cut down Puig.. For warm weather riding, it did a nice job of putting your helmet in cleaner air, allowing the vents to work like designed.

That screen that's on there is a Yamaha Touring shield.. It was smoked grey, but there was a sticker on the upper corner that wouldn't come off with anything. I fought with it and the only thing that took it off also clouded the screen, so just shot it with flat black paint.. As warm as it was yesterday, we'd have been better off tossing the short screen on..

And I'm just glad you made it home safe and sound.. All I ask is that you continue to do just that!! :thumbup:

It was great to meet you both, and I'd love to get a chance to ride with you guys!!

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually did just that this weekend. So I will try the other windshield out and see how it goes. No riding today as it was monsoon season in Indianapolis, but hopefully tomorrow I will try it out.

Knowing you, you might just find another bike to fill this ones place.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Knowing you, you might just find another bike to fill this ones place.

I caught myself looking at a 1982 Yamaha 550 Vision, just like I had in the late Eighies.. Then I slapped myself and reminded myself that I just sold a great bike because I needed room.. Duh!!

It's going to stay the way it is, unless I get a burr under my saddle and decide to sell my little R65 BMW..:rolleyes: