2007 - why I'll be glad it's over

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
:(On New Years day - we're not on mains drainage - our septic tank/biodisc unit overflowed and the pump chamber (3 metres long by 1 metre wide) literally came out of the ground and trashed all the pipework with it - subsequent groundworks cost 4000 pounds. Cause was a blocked soakaway and when the unit had been installed by the previous owner he hadn't out any concrete in the ground
:(All our chickens were killed by the neighbours dog
:(My old Fazer's engine blew up. A rod went, blew the engine to little pieces and blew a hole in the engine casing
:(My wife's car expired (oil cooler failed and filled every single water pipe with goo)
:(We got flooded (2 foot deep in the house). We had no insurance.
:(We bought my wife a new car. It broke down immediately. Aircon unit had gone and subsequent failure locked the belt and trashed it and a couple of other auxiliarys
:(I was made redundant. My wife's contract not renewed so she's out of a job too
:(2 of my wife's mate's died

Still, I did buy the FZ6. And we're all healthy

Just got to find a job and 2008 will be MUCH better

ps - not looking for sympathy. I just cannot believe how much bad luck one family can have in one year!!

:(On New Years day - we're not on mains drainage - our septic tank/biodisc unit overflowed and the pump chamber (3 metres long by 1 metre wide) literally came out of the ground and trashed all the pipework with it - subsequent groundworks cost 4000 pounds. Cause was a blocked soakaway and when the unit had been installed by the previous owner he hadn't out any concrete in the ground
:(My old Fazer's engine blew up. A rod went, blew the engine to little pieces and blew a hole in the engine casing
:(My wife's car expired (oil cooler failed and filled every single water pipe with goo)
:(We bought my wife a new car. It broke down immediately. Aircon unit had gone and subsequent failure locked the belt and trashed it and a couple of other auxiliarys
:(I was made redundant. My wife's contract not renewed so she's out of a job too
2 of my wife's mate's died

ps - not looking for sympathy. I just cannot believe how much bad luck one family can have in one year!!

That is a tough year. Here's to a better 2008 :rockon:

Hey buggerlugs hope you have a great 2008, coz your 2007 sure did suck.
Hope you get everything back on track in the new year. :thumbup:

At least you both have your health and that's the most important thing.

Out with the old and in with the new I say.

:(2 of my wife's mate's died

Mate as I have said before, im gutted for you. 2008 can only get better.
Maybe you should change your name to "Lucky" or Calamityluggs.
If I can do any thing for you over the next few weeks let me know.

It will all get different. Thats the main thing in life.
This too shall pass. LOL
My year has been a bit of a mess too, nothing like all that though.
I had a big long thing here, but I erased it, since it had to do with a Higher Power. For some reason that seems to offend more people than anything else.

Life is a freaking bear sometimes, but its the only game in town. Some innings we get our asses handed to us, and others we had it back. Heres to a great 08 for you.

2007 hasn't been one of my better years also. Not as bad as mentioned above, but I too am ready for some change. Even if it is just my attitude.:Sport:

Back