2007 Headlight assembly with HID projectors installed

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
-SOLD-

I'm selling my blacked out headlight assembly with installed HID projectors, blue halos, ballasts and one 6000k bulb (the other bulb is blown, I'll send it as well for reference for a replacement).
The projectors are high/low, switch it to high and a shield inside the light moves completely exposing the bulb.
I'll sell the whole assembly for 200+shipping to the US or 100+your assembly. Or best offer of course.
headlight covers aren't scratched or damaged.

Last edited:

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
There are a couple threads in this forum that go into detail with pictures about how to install the projectors, the hardest part is actually getting the projectors into the housings, which I've already done. When I took my headlight assembly out today it took me about 15 minutes, remove the dash plastics (8 screws), then there are about 8-10 more screws holding the front fairing and headlight housings together, take those out and slide the assembly out from the fairing. Its been a while so I don't remember exactly what changes have to be made in the wiring but I know it wasn't difficult, and if you refer to the HID thread I'm sure you can figure it out easily enough.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
And to help you sell it, I believe that the actual headlight assembly that you are selling is identical from 2004 all the was up to the end (2009).

So, you 2004-2006 people could also use this.

By the way, this is an awesome mod. I took a 40 mile ride last night and my HIDs make such an incredible difference compared to the stock headlights.

adam250b

Reaction score
Visit site
Im interested in swapping you headlight assemblys, I also have a blue 07. Can the blown bulb be replaced from the backside of the assembly or dose the lens have to be separated again to access it? And how much dose a new bulb cost?

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
Im interested in swapping you headlight assemblys, I also have a blue 07. Can the blown bulb be replaced from the backside of the assembly or dose the lens have to be separated again to access it? And how much dose a new bulb cost?

The bulb is removed from the rear of the projector, no disassembly required. I will leave the good bulb in the projector And take the bad bulb out and keep it separate. I've seen replacement bulbs anywhere from 20 to 100 bucks per pair, unfortunately I don't know the exact type of bulb, I think it is something like d2s but I could be wrong. I got them from eBay YAMAHA FZ6 04 05 06 09 HID PROJECTOR CCFL HEADLIGHT KIT - eBay (item 260593219619 end time Apr-22-11 09:11:39 PDT)
If the link doesn't work the eBay seller is sportbikelites, they can probably tell you exactly the type of bulb to replace it with, that would also give you the opportunity to pick your own color temperature of bulb since it seems like most people only sell them in pairs.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
would you be shipping to malta pls? if you are willing to ship, i would like to know the postage price cause i guess its a very hefty tag, before i queue to call dibs :thumbup:

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
would you be shipping to malta pls? if you are willing to ship, i would like to know the postage price cause i guess its a very hefty tag, before i queue to call dibs :thumbup:

I checked UPS and it looks like they don't ship to Malta, I didn't check the post office because it looks like I need a postal code (I don't know much about international shipping).

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I've run out of time to sell this till next month. My bike is in arizona and I live in Oregon and I'm headed back tomorrow, I was hoping to sell it before I left but I'll have to repost next month when I come back to Arizona. So unless I hear anything before I leave for the airport tomorrow afternoon, look for this to be up for sale again in the middle of may.