2007 FZ6 OUT - 2008 CBR 1000rr IN !

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, congrats on your new baby. What's her name? lol... One quetion i had was how were you able to paint some rubber hoses blue on your fz6... Everywhere i asked or tried said, " you cant paint the rubber... it'll just chip after days" Any help on that would be great. i like the look of it.

Also, what did the dealer end up trading your bike for.. what cost?

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
and for the record, the two free throw in Dealership T-shirts I got...... 1 RED HONDA, and I couldn't resist......a BLUE YAMAHA! :thumbup:

Ha ha! That's too funny! :D

And I didn't mean any disrespect by the way, Honda makes a good machine. Congrats on the new bike! :thumbup:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that is one sweet bike! In fact one of the bikes I've been longing for myself lately.. How does she ride? Did you test ride any of the other supersports before making your decision? I'm looking to change out my FZ next spring. :)

Congrats:thumbup:

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, congrats on your new baby. What's her name? lol... One quetion i had was how were you able to paint some rubber hoses blue on your fz6... Everywhere i asked or tried said, " you cant paint the rubber... it'll just chip after days" Any help on that would be great. i like the look of it.

it's actually not painted, thery are "wapped" in silicone tubing that I bought at the auto store, then split long ways & wrapped around. You can buy a set of the hose that has multiple gauges for around $20, more than enough to do the whole bike, I just did a few.......

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, what's your opinions of it up against your BUELL? I looked at the BUELL's, many of the "centralization" , that Buell is known for has been incorportaed into this bike. The Fuel tank and exhaust are in a lower than "normoal" position...

I don't really have an opinion of the 1000RR against the XB12... these are almost as far apart a bike as you can make :) The CBR is a race replica, with race ergos, insane amounts of horse power, and an inline 4 engine... The Buell is a streetfighter, with "upright" ergos, a bit more than 100 horses "only", BUT has your CBR's peak torque (i.e. 84ft/lb) across the whole range (basically flat curve), with an old push-rod Harley V-Twin. So again, there really isn't much to compare between the 2 bikes.

Personally, I think that owning a 1000RR for the streets is ludicrous because let's face it, it's really not a street machine (can't use 75% of the power, can't flick it around in traffic, can't do touring, can't spend more than a couple hours on it without needing back surgery...etc), but I understand why one would want one anyway :) It is a beautiful machine no doubt. The Buell on the other hand is about the exact opposite again, you can use almost ALL of its power/torque on the streets (and I do it on a regular basis hehe), you can spend the whole day on it without an issue, so you can tour with it, you can split lanes easily and flick it around in the city...

About your comments on weight centralization and lowering the CoG, that's indeed one of the forte of Buells in general (and even more true on the Scg model I have), and I had read something about Honda's redesign for the '08 CBRs stating that they focused on these 2 parameters as well, that it was the first liter bike that felt like a 600 (in terms of weight and handling), which is pretty awesome in itself...

In any case, as usual, I digressed... just enjoy it man! I wish I had that bike for the track :rockon:

Last edited:

Reaction score
Visit site
Man that is one sweet bike! In fact one of the bikes I've been longing for myself lately.. How does she ride? Did you test ride any of the other supersports before making your decision? I'm looking to change out my FZ next spring. :)

Congrats:thumbup:

I took her out today for the 1st time, it's .....errrr....."a little different". Keep in mind she's on new rubber, and I'm breaking her in, but the power difference is substantial. It's al incredibly light bike for it 1000cc designation in my opinion. I'll report more.....:thumbup:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
How's it going with the scrubbing in of those tires? Btw, I've been looking around a bit and have to say that the Yoshi R77 pipe looks awesome on that bike. Just a heads up.. :p

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you trade-in the FZ so I can buy a backup......J/K.

Good Luck, I hope you enjoy it.

I had a couple of more agressive style sportbikes that I never felt comfortable with like I do with my FZ6.

To each his own, everyone has something that just suits them better.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

You can paint the rubber if you use the correct paint and preparation. There are many paints for many different applications out there. Proper preparation is paramount....

Cliff