2007 Fz6 build!

71cb450

Reaction score
Visit site
Welp This isn't really a build thread, because the bike is already done. These bikes are very easy to work on! I have built a few old Honda Cafe racers, and I have a Drz400 supermoto that is my daily. I have always liked the modern in-line four cylinders, but hated the seating position, and plastic, So I thought a naked would be perfect! I found a wrecked 2007 FZ6 with a clear title and 3k miles, brought it home for $1300 the guy started it, and it was smoking (see oil pic) He replaced the stator cover, but didn't change the oil...... Anyways he got it from a storage auction and the history of the bike is completely unknown. Once I got it home I changed the oil 4 times, cycling it through the motor each time and it cleared right up!:rockon:

This is what the coolant looked like.

Here are some pictures of the bike when I got it and while I was working on it!

Pretty gross looking bike, but I knew she had potential! So after pouring some money into her I came out with this!

Including purchase price I have less than $3,000 in her.

Just a quick list of some of the Big parts:
Scorpion Carbon exhaust
LED tail light W/ blinkers
new black tail
new front fender
Gold levers (cheap ones off Ebay! Highly recommended)
Fz1 Bars
FZ6r tank
Vs01 Headlight set-up

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for bringing this Fz back to life. Brilliant!

Was that cooking oil in the engine?

You should write up how to fit that Fz6r gas tank on the Fz6. I didn't know that it would fit. Again good job!

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...wonderful job. She looks quit aggressive now, way to go man :thumbup:

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Love it. Great Job.
Looking to do basically the same with my 2008. May tackle the FZ 1 bars myself, and leave headlamp assy to the shop. Didn't realize there were so many options for the headlamp. Original plan was FZ 8 lamp.

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the project. Very slick! I'm amazed at the fluids tho...., was that really oil, or Grey Poupon? ..

71cb450

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words everybody! To answer the questions about the fuel pump, I used the Fz6 fuel pump and all mounting hardware. Now I can officially say I am done, Just got done fixing the boo boo on the frame, my body guy only charged me 50 bucks, and I painted it myself. Also I added some bar-end mirrors and stopped by my vinyl guy and got some graphics to bring the bike together!

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beyond the moronic decal..the bikes gorgeous. Needs a Yamaha chin spoiler to make it even sicker IMO. Nice job