2006 fz6 - $4400

specialk

Reaction score
Visit site
2006 fz6 - $4400, or $3800 (bike only) - SOLD!

The day has come...selling my beloved FZ6. The bike has ~10,800 miles and I am the second owner. Bike was purchased used from SF Moto who went through the bike thoroughly. Since then I have done all the work on it myself. I am a very critical about my purchases. I research everything to death and you can tell by the upgrades...all functional stuff and picked for certain reasons over other items.

Upgrades:
1)Hotgrips Heated Grips. These are the best because the heating elements are laminated into the grip rubber itself. I put these on a relay and they are wired to a controller which gives you infinite adjustability. The relay means that when you turn the key off, these turn off so you don't kill the battery. You dont have the problem with the clutch side not getting as warm because it is conducting all the heat into the handlebar.
2)My best upgrade (hard to beat heated grips!) is the trunk for the bike. The case is the Astra 48L case from Coocase. It holds 48L of stuff (2 full face helmets FYI) and is the luxury edition. It has a remote unlock (keyless entry like a car) as well as a built in alarm as well as integrated brake/running lights. You can see the case here: TwistedThrottle.com : Coocase S48 Astra topcase, Luxury edition with inner liner, alarm, integrated LED brake and running lights, and remote control - CC.S48.L
This makes the bike functional to a new level and is a HUGE advantage.
3) The final mod which will make a huge difference is the custom seat. It is a Top Saddlery seat and is made in France... cost me over $400. It makes the stock seat feel like a wooden plank and you can have both.

Other maintenance items:
1)changed the oil to Shell Rotella synthetic with the Purolator Filter (because of what I learned on this site!!). I have an extra filter you can have.
2) I have since bought new Continental Road attack tires (with less than 500 miles). These are the best tires for this bike (in my opinion).

Bike has been meticulously maintained and has all the right upgrades. I can be flexible on price, but not if you want all the goodies with the bike. The seat and the case and grips are worth over $1k. I can assure you that you would not be disappointed with my bike.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you probably want to sell the bike as is, but would you consider selling the seat separately. I'm interested if you do.

Good luck.

specialk

Reaction score
Visit site
guys...have had a couple offers on the seat. If the bike does not sell in some time (maybe 2 weeks?) I may post the seat up separately. Not sure yet.

I also added some clarification to the main post. If you want the bike without the case and seat I can let it go for $3800.