2005 Fz6 stalls when lifted up right

ghostdog

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a good deal on a 2005 Fz6 and one thing I am trying to figure out is why it cuts out. It has 11,000 miles.

When the bike is resting on the kick stand it will idle and rev fine. When you sit on it and center it out or just lift it to the side it will turn off.

It was sitting for about 6 months so the gas is pretty crappy I'm sure, but I cannot imagine why lifting it to the right makes it cut off.

Any ideas?

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be bad gas but if it run fine in one spot it should run fine in other spots. My first thought is something to do with the kickstand and the cutout switch. Try putting it on the center stand and starting it with the kickstand up. On the center stand does it make the fuel pump noise when the key is turned to the run position?

Just a couple of ideas that first popped into my mind.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a good deal on a 2005 Fz6 and one thing I am trying to figure out is why it cuts out. It has 11,000 miles.

When the bike is resting on the kick stand it will idle and rev fine. When you sit on it and center it out or just lift it to the side it will turn off.

It was sitting for about 6 months so the gas is pretty crappy I'm sure, but I cannot imagine why lifting it to the right makes it cut off.

Any ideas?

It should have a tip over switch but I wouldn't think that just moving from the siting position to the riding position would kill it. Is this something that has just started happening? Like did the bike do it when you picked it up from the previous owner?
Also are you sure it's not in gear with the kick stand down?

jay5687

Reaction score
Visit site
It does have a lean angle sensor check that first because that could very well be it thats how a lot of people wreck popping wheelies and the lean sensor shuts the bike off

ghostdog

Reaction score
Visit site
Turns out the idiot I bought it from was messing around the seat and knocked it off. I put it with the sensor "up" part up and now it runs beautiful.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Turns out the idiot I bought it from was messing around the seat and knocked it off. I put it with the sensor "up" part up and now it runs beautiful.

Kinda funny how it turns out to be the little overlooked things:BLAA:

Glad you got it squared away and thank you for posting your resolution to the problem:thumbup: