2004 FZ6 For Sale

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a new bike and the boss (wife) said the FZ6 must go.

2004 Yamaha FZ6, 39300 miles, $2,100.

The FZ6 is based on the 2003 Yamaha R6 with the fuel injected engine tuned for better midrange power, an exposed cast aluminum frame and half faring leaving the beautiful engine exposed. At low RPM's it is docile and will putter around town with in hot or cold weather, crank on it above 8,000RPM and it will run like a 600 supersport. The best of both worlds, the fairing gives some protection while also having something of the naked look. The FZ6 is a versatile bike, classified as a sport tourer. More sport than tourer it is good for commuting during the week, taking for a spin thru the twisty bits on the weekend or load it with bags and go for a trip. The FZ6 runs on regular gas with mileage ranging from 36 to 50 MPG depending on the gas and the right wrist. The bike has a little over 39,000 miles on it and a patina of use. It has been well maintained, not abused and currently has no mechanical issues that I am aware of. It has been dropped twice (both stopped or very low speed), once by the original owner and once by me. The first drop cracked the failing on the left side and put a small scuff on the stator cover. The second drop cracked the fairing on the right side at the very edge and scuffed the frame slider. The tank has on chip on the low left side and some minor scratches. Bike looks great at 10 feet, imperfections are only apparent on closer inspection. I bought the bike 4 years ago with 2,800 miles on it. It has run reliability and I have ridden it in temperatures from 26 to over 100 degrees. It has been thru stop and go traffic and run down the interstate for hours in 95 degree weather without any complaints or problems. Both of the recalls (TPS and drive sprocket nut) have been done - those are all that I'm aware of for this bike. Clean title in hand, sell for cash, buyer pick up.

Mileage = 39,400
Front forks & front brake calipers rebuilt Jan 2013
New front brake pads (EBC HH)
New battery, stator and voltage regulator
New Michelin PR3 rear tire in Nov. 2012 ( front is PR2 with approx. 25% left)
2007 swing arm, shock and spring in fall of 2012 (greased SA bearings)
Gold DID 530 chain with OEM front and SuperSprox rear sprockets Jan 2012
Valves checked at 28,000 miles and antifreeze changed
Oil and filter just changed (RedLine synthetic)
FZ1 handlebars
Dual headlight mod (both headlights on for low beams)
LED Tail light plus 2nd LED brake light.
View attachment 46403

View attachment 46404