1500 miles on FZ6 in 24hrs

Champ1978

Reaction score
Visit site
"Her final totals were 1,528 miles in 22 hours, 31 minutes, which means she averaged almost 68 miles per hour including stops."

Eh?

So does that mean if you don't include stops which probable took away at least another hour and half of time she was going an average of 73 mph.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
First of all, kudos to her for meeting the goal. Someday, maybe I'd consider tryng to get official recognition for a threshold time/distance threshold. I could add it to my resume.

Meanwhile, I'm sticking to artfully leaning through interesting roadways as my #1 pleasure. I wonder if the route she followed included many mountainous and winding sections. If so, her average MPH accomplishment is even more impressive.

P.S. I'm surprised the OP, VEGASRIDER (used to connect on regular SoCal Hoon rides), didn't make the 650 mile ride from Portland, OR to SF area for the exclusive SoCal/NorCal Hoon meet-up in San Carlos, CA at Casa de Lefty this month.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"Her final totals were 1,528 miles in 22 hours, 31 minutes, which means she averaged almost 68 miles per hour including stops."

Eh?

So does that mean if you don't include stops which probable took away at least another hour and half of time she was going an average of 73 mph.

Dammit! You made me spit my coffee this morning! Lol! :rof:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
P.S. I'm surprised the OP, VEGASRIDER (used to connect on regular SoCal Hoon rides), didn't make the 650 mile ride from Portland, OR to SF area for the exclusive SoCal/NorCal Hoon meet-up in San Carlos, CA at Casa de Lefty this month.

Kenny,
Are you on Socal Hoon mail? If not PM Goop your Email. That also goes for any of the locals that would like to be on the Socal Hoon mail list. :)

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
That's pretty awesome. I did it once, not planning on doing it again. Rode the 6R from West Palm Beach to Laconia (bike week) and decide to drop the hammer on the way back to do a SS1000. Around 11:00 at night I did the math and figure out I had enough time. Did cough some traffic in DC and lost some valuable time there but I was able to keep a solid pace afterward... still brutal on a little bike.

dy4u5ybu.jpg

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, the question on my mind...what windscreen does she have?

I can't believe people do this :eek: It took me two days, each very long, to travel I think 1600 miles and that really wore me out. Kudos to all of you that have the buns for the funs.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Her ride was from Missoula Mt to Bismarck Nd, probably the easiest route to do where the speed limit is 75mph the entire way, with no traffic or congestions. Unlike Martin's ride, I'm guessing it was done up I-95, one of the most congested highways so by far, much more challenging. If you ever ridden both highways, there is a whole lot of nothing vs a whole lot of everything. Totally two different rides.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, the question on my mind...what windscreen does she have?

I can't believe people do this :eek: It took me two days, each very long, to travel I think 1600 miles and that really wore me out. Kudos to all of you that have the buns for the funs.

I went in the Smoky Mountains last month and had to get back home earlier than anticipated (don't ask)

900 miles in 14 hrs none stop of the FZ09, only a little fly screen. I was a bit beat up but not as bad as you might think. The only issues I had is my a$$ bleeding from the seat. LOL I mod it to be on the sporty side, not on do IBA's.

Wind blast was actually good and no turbulence. Not sure I will attempt 1500 mile sunder 24 hrs but a SS1000 is easily achievable without a screen. I'm would be more concern about a good seat than anything.

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 is a great bike for IBA rides, I call it my poor man's sport touring bike. I've done several rides on mine, the longest was the 100CCC. San Diego->Jacksonville, FL->San Diego(4700 miles) in 100 hours.

I've never done a BB1000 Gold, it takes extremely good time management skills and high speed riding with zero traffic/weather/etc. delays. Finishing one is definitely an accomplishment.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Pretty much did I-10 from one end to the othet and back!

Was it 100 hrs on the clock or riding? Giving me new idea... not sure if this is a good thing :)

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went in the Smoky Mountains last month and had to get back home earlier than anticipated (don't ask)

900 miles in 14 hrs none stop of the FZ09, only a little fly screen. I was a bit beat up but not as bad as you might think. The only issues I had is my a$$ bleeding from the seat. LOL I mod it to be on the sporty side, not on do IBA's.

Wind blast was actually good and no turbulence. Not sure I will attempt 1500 mile sunder 24 hrs but a SS1000 is easily achievable without a screen. I'm would be more concern about a good seat than anything.

900 in one day? Epic buns. Epic neck, too actually. My neck is killing me after about 100 miles.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Strewth !!! :eek: :eek: And I thought riding form my house to Mum's house (1014klms driveway - driveway) in 10h 7m was epic........ Believe me, by the time I got there I was spend & didn't really have any more left in me, so this is an amazing feat !! :thumbup:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow impressive. Rode 600 miles on my FZ6 in one day and it was tough - seat hurts so bad after a while. I could go longer if had a better seat, just rode 610 on the CBR and was easier than the FZ6, have a Sadleman seat and my knees don't seem to be bent as much as on the FZ6. Can't imagine riding another 900 miles though. I have found the hardest riding in slower stretches of 55 MPH cause don't have the wind to prop me up.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
As much as I want to do a SS1000 or other long distance achievement, I have to be honest with myself. I've ridden this 85 mile trip a few times (stock seat, Puig DB screen):

Moved Permanently

I stop once, and when I arrive, there's not much desire to ride. Can't imagine 12 times this length. I could do 200-300 but anything over that would require a serious amount of conditioning.

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Pretty much did I-10 from one end to the othet and back!

Was it 100 hrs on the clock or riding? Giving me new idea... not sure if this is a good thing :)

Mostly I-10, took I-8 out of and back into San Diego.

This was 100 hours on the clock, I don't recall exactly how much of it was riding.

A BB1500 is still on my list, it's a very impressive accomplishment and has its own set of challenges, in some ways more difficult than longer multi-day trips. The rider mentioned by the OP is impressive for finishing the ride, it would have been impressive on any bike.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree congrats to this woman! As I have completed a bb1500 ride ( I did like 1600 in 30ish hours). I have mad respect for doing that in less than 24! That is a feat! And on a bike with such a small tank and range. My tiger had a little more capacity and the fz6 that I rode with had swapped sprockets for better highway rpm and mpg. It was my first iba ride and it literally bruised me to do so! .. But now that I have my wing. I wanna do it again . but with 200 miles plus to a tank it will be simpler than the 130-150 that the fz or tiger would do. We went about 175 one tank and we were both getting worried!

But again an amazing feat on any bike and my helmet off to ya ma'am

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk