09 BMW f st800?

buckeyethunder

Reaction score
Visit site
Been checking out 1 of these at a local dealer,2900 miles,very clean.I looked briefly at some reviews,1 thing that stood out is they recommended premium fuel.I think it is rated at 105 HP.Any insight would be appreciated.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I have ridden the ST800 and was impressed and then not so much.

It has a great engine and handles and stops fantastic. A wonderful bike.

But after riding it for some reason it felt cheap and did not turn my crank. :rolleyes:

Of course I was used to my K1200RS at the time. :thumbup:

I don't think you HAVE to run premium but for the extra cost of 3 or 4 gallons why not.

So I would say ride it and see what it does for you.

Marc

Willard

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden and seriously considered the F800ST but I was able to buy a year old FZ6 in showroom condition for $7000cdn less than a new F800ST would cost me. With that $7000 I was able to add a 650 V-Strom ABS to my garage.

The F800ST is a nice bike: good brakes; handles well; decent power. I found the bike a bit too cramped for me; right from stock the FZ6 is significantly more comfortable than the ST.

Bang for the buck you can't beat the FZ6. On the other hand the F800ST gets you into the BMW world, and that's not necessarily a bad thing; join your local BMW club and enjoy the weekly rides and numerous rallies. But for me the FZ6 is the better sport tourer.

See if you get get a ride on a F800ST, it is a very nice bike.