07 vs 09

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, newbie here. I've been eying the FZ6 for a while now and I'll be buying one before the end of the month but I was wondering if there were any significant changes between the 07 model and the 09's. I got to test drive a 09 and I liked it a lot, and there is another dealer I found that has a brand new left over 07 for 1k cheaper, and it's in the color I want which is red. The 09 was black. They want $6800 for the 09 and $5800 for the 07, and they also have a brand new 06 for $5600. Any input would be great. Do you think I could get the 09 for cheaper than $6800? The salesman was pretty set on that price.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I do believe the fairing changed a bit from the 06 to the 07. From what Ive read the 07 fairing is better when it comes to less wind issues. I'm sure I'm recalling the info correctly.

After looking at the 09 specs, I didn't see anything glaringly different from the 08. The 08 is not changed from the 07 (except in colors). As I said before, confirm this with others as it's been a while since I looked at this information.

If the color is what you want and it's cheaper and it's new, go for it.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
from 07-09 the only thing that changed are the colors, the fairing and frame colors can be different, the internals are exactly the same

edit: for the 06 theres a huge difference in the front fairing, the speedo and the swing arms, and front brakes.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, they changed the computer mapping I (slightly better for low end RPM's/torque) went for the '07 from earlier models, also. Only $200 difference for the '06? Geez, there was $1,000 difference when I bought my '07 from OTD.

tnfrosty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi sixsix- I'm new here as well. I bought an overstock 07 with 209 miles from a dealer last month and paid $3995. I guess I got a killer deal, but it's not far from what it lists on Nada Guides: http://tinyurl.com/ylmq72k

Since the weather was sunny and in the high 50's today, I was able to get it out for a good long ride. I love it and don't think you can go wrong with whatever year you choose.

Good luck :thumbup:

Last edited:

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
That does sound like a killer deal. I called over there and asked about it and once again they were set on that price. A couple of people have told me that I should be able to get the 09 for 5900. I guess I don't know how to deal. I usualy get pissed and leave.

SirG

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 07 and it is a great bike. I have to say $5800 is a little high.
I got mine new out the box in May of 2008 and only paid $5900
AFTER tax, title, license, a $450 set up and freight cost the dealer
puts on and a one time $400 fee our bitch Governor put on motorcycles
in our state. This means I paid about $4900 or $4800. I can look and
if you want me to but I think the bottom line is to high at $5800

I would get one like he did for $4000 with only 200 miles on.

if it matters, I'm in Washington state.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I just sealed the deal on the 09. Got it for 5899 and after everything it was 6700. Not to bad I guess. I pick it up Tuesday, I can't wait.

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
As some people say, a good deal is one that you are happy with. So I won't weigh in with my opinion of what you paid. I will just say congrats, and you are going to have a blast.

Silver05

Reaction score
Visit site
you pulled the trigger - congrats. Now its time to forget how much your toy cost, and start playin with it. For a "little" 600, they're a super fun bike. Find a way to carry a rolled up newspaper with you when riding. Its just the amount of force you need to beat off the ladies - they're not just gonna line up for ya anymore... :)