'07 Seat Cowl (with storage)

ccasey6

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that there have been some threads going on about seat cowls (most are about the TCP cowl). What I'm wondering is if any of these cowls allow for storage inside them or if anyone knows of one with storage. Thanks for the help!

I know that there have been some threads going on about seat cowls (most are about the TCP cowl). What I'm wondering is if any of these cowls allow for storage inside them or if anyone knows of one with storage. Thanks for the help!

Here you go buddy, check this out. Although this is labelled for the FZ1, I'm sure you can contact Corbin and find out if this will fit our FZ6. Good Luck.
link: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha FZ1 Fazer | 800-538-7035
:Sport:

That would be sweet if they made one for the FZ6, someone other than TCP just for a choice. But I do like the TCP cowl, looks just sexy.

No. They are for 'show' and not 'go'. The OEM and TCP both bolt onto your seat. The OEM one I have has 2 clips that hook up under the seat and then bolt into the sides of the seat cowel. There is little to no clearance inside for storing anything. (1/2" max).

I have never seen a seat cowl with storage for the FZ6 in my travels.

I think you're paying more for the Corbin name, rather than what the smuggler seat cowl is really worth. I personally went with the topcase and saddlebags from Givi instead. I must admit it does look sweet on the FZ1, maybe if it was alot cheaper than $799. I would only consider this for riding locally and don't want to be bothered with the huge topcase.

$799 (and this is USD, not Mexican pesos?)? Geez. Maybe inquire about hiring a limo with space for luggage follow you around instead. I've got to get over this sticker shock type mentality. I'm trying to shake it off but, geez, some of the prices.... and, I own a boat! It's not like I'm not used to high prices; they are common in the marine business (West Marine, etc.). But, some of these motorcycle accessory prices---these are near cocaine prices.

dang I wish I saved the link but i was looking on ebay for trunks the other day and they had a universal hard rear seat cowl that expanded and became a trunk... I'll try looking for it but seemed like a good solution.

k, here we go, I found it for you. It's the Givi fastbag system looks alright...
ebay fastbag

here's a similar one from newenough newenough hard tailbag

givi fastbag.
b134_1.JPG

zr7s.jpg

it's suppose to expand to fit big stuff too...
newenough bag, looks alright
ax_on1.jpg

To all FZ6 enthusiasts... I have been working on a seat cowl with storage conversion kit for the FZ6 for the past year. The tail cowl is officially "patent pending" and is about to go into production, shooting to have them available in roughly a month. They will initially be available for all FZ6's from 2004-2009. It will include optional accessory charging and feature cargo lighting and carpeting. Pictures and the website will be available in the coming weeks so stay tuned. My goal was to give the tail a very unique look and ad storage for the daily commute. I know all will be interested in seeing it so I am including this pic of the prototype during development to give an idea of its approximate look. The seat vinyl is pealed back in this pic... Feel free to ask with any questions you might have......Enjoy!

Back