07 Fz6?

cowboys647

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to buy a 07 fz6 with ~7000 miles on it. Just curious if there is anything specific with this bike that i should look at before i buy. My last bike i had was a 91 Bmw k75 btw if that helps.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
What part of Texas? If the bike spent its life in the Gulf Coast the steering head bearings may be corroded and in need or replacement due to the humid environment as this is a common FZ6 problem. Other than that there is little to worry about if the bike is running well and has no sign of frame damage from a drop that was repaired...check over every inch of frame!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not really just the same as buying any other used bike but curious why 7000 that seema kinda random to me

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Not really just the same as buying any other used bike but curious why 7000 that seema kinda random to me

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

The OP said "~7000" which is "approximately 7000". Sounds pretty normal mileage for a fair weather/weekend use bike that is 4 years old.

Timebomb7585

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up an 07 with 20K miles on it yesterday and it runs like champ. Don't be put off by the mileage. If anything, an 07 with 7K on it is only 1400 miles a year and you should ask yourself, with so little miles, how long was the bike sitting not being ridden.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it an S2, if not don't pay as much, although I'm not sure if you get the same deal as us in the UK. Did you get the S2 upgraded model in 07?
I originally bought an 07 but the older model and have just changed to a 2010 S2 and all the things I wanted to change on the earlier model have been sorted on the S2

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2007 model with about 8k on it. Factory manual says spark plugs should be changed every 8,000 miles -- I think the mileage is fine.

Little bit of basic maintenance and I'm sure its fine -- oil changes, battery potentially? If the stock battery is in the bike, 4 years is about the time batteries usually wear out/need replacement.

Just my .02

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
Im selling my 07 fz6..blue..13000 miles, its been laid over ..dent in the tank,some scuffing on the fairing..but runs great..regular oil changes,good tires and new battery. Im thinking of asking around 3000$..but considering offers if any ones interested..(Im in Texas)does that seem like too much? Ive seen gas tanks on ebay for 150$