0-206 km/h

TripNip

Men of Mayhem
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice run, but you'd better do this kind of stuff on a private track/road...
If there was some kid or animal running across the road, things would've gotten really ugly...

Grtz,

Degake

Yawn, it's more exciting when it's a public road ;)

TripNip <----- Fully Geared Squid. The full safety clothing of a good rider but the terrible skills and behaviour of one who would wear little clothing.
(Least I'm honest)

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
so you end up losing quite a bit of top end going to the 15t sprocket... dunno if it would be worth doing sacrificing that much... may be better suited to adjust the rear sprocket slightly for less of a margin of change...

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, I'm fully geared all the time, even if I'm going to move the bike from my driveway to my neighbour's couple of houses up, believe me! Also, on that road I went up and down two times to observe and minimize as much as possible the danger before doing (and filming) this run. To be honest---no matter how many times you check, there's always the possibility something might jump on the road in front of you. Question is, would it matter if you're going 100 or 200? Most likely you'll die anyway, which I don't wish anybody to try and find out.... (just some food for thought). BUT, by no means I advocate going 200 on public roads! I do it very very rarely, in fact, this was the first time I actually pushed to 200, usually I'd open her up and stop at about 160, which is quite easy to get to.

so you end up losing quite a bit of top end going to the 15t sprocket... dunno if it would be worth doing sacrificing that much... may be better suited to adjust the rear sprocket slightly for less of a margin of change...

Don't really know if I lost any top-end as I don't know what it was capable of with the 16T sprocket in the first place. Even at this run, you can see that I let go of the throttle once I saw 200, and also the road was turning...given 20-30 seconds more, it would have gone up a bit maybe... by how much, don't know and I won't ever know (unless I marry the airport director's daughter and get permission to use the plane landing tracks, haha)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive had my bike to 157mph wich i think is about 252kmh so basicly you lost almost 50kmh

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
well he did say he didnt go till rev limiter in top gear to be fair...^^^ so i dunno what a 15t does officially to top end but im stock gearing and have seen 168 indicated on speedo at the track... actual speed was probably a good 10-15 mph lower than indicated but stock gearing will hit close to 170 indicated from what i can tell...

going to a 15t sprocket would probably end up costing a good 15-25mph top end change... and that for someone who goes to a track with a long straight would make a huge difference in topping out too early... granted you would have more torque to get there faster...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
well he did say he didnt go till rev limiter in top gear to be fair...^^^ so i dunno what a 15t does officially to top end but im stock gearing and have seen 168 indicated on speedo at the track... actual speed was probably a good 10-15 mph lower than indicated but stock gearing will hit close to 170 indicated from what i can tell...

going to a 15t sprocket would probably end up costing a good 15-25mph top end change... and that for someone who goes to a track with a long straight would make a huge difference in topping out too early... granted you would have more torque to get there faster...

When i did 157 i was in 6th gear and it hit the rev limiter maybe about 4 or 5 times with a decent pause in between with stock gearing

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
oops just looked at my post you are right i was thinking 157-158mph... however i know when i hit that it wasn't at 13k rpm so rev limit is 14200rpm so i dont know if it would have made any change to actual mph or not with the 1200rpm left but our bikes peak output of power starts sliding off shortly around 13k...

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, I'm fully geared all the time, even if I'm going to move the bike from my driveway to my neighbour's couple of houses up, believe me! Also, on that road I went up and down two times to observe and minimize as much as possible the danger before doing (and filming) this run. To be honest---no matter how many times you check, there's always the possibility something might jump on the road in front of you. Question is, would it matter if you're going 100 or 200? Most likely you'll die anyway, which I don't wish anybody to try and find out.... (just some food for thought). BUT, by no means I advocate going 200 on public roads! I do it very very rarely, in fact, this was the first time I actually pushed to 200, usually I'd open her up and stop at about 160, which is quite easy to get to.

A lot of dead people think like you..... Get to a track before you lose your Lic, bike and possibly your life....

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
have fun with your bike live your life how you want, or fall in line with all the other sheeple

Simona

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I just fitted up a 15t front sprocket and some fz1 bars this morning. Took it for a spin and it is alot more responsive. A little louder too cos of the increased RPM. Cool video.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice acceleration!! I have kept it pinned through the long sweeper, done a stoppie, then pulled a u-turn and ran it again...:BLAA:

Almost everybody has run it w.o.t a couple times on a non track surface..

D

Dave.TX

Rode with some supersports that had their bikes up to 280kph (175mph) and all I could muster was 225kph (140mph) indicated. The GPS said I hit top speed of 210kph (131mph). That was also running stock exhaust. That was plenty for me.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
When i did 157 i was in 6th gear and it hit the rev limiter maybe about 4 or 5 times with a decent pause in between with stock gearing

Do you have a speedohealer? Mine redlined 6th at 140MPH(GPS verified) with modified gearing. Stock gearing it would've taken miles and miles to go that fast.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a speedohealer? Mine redlined 6th at 140MPH(GPS verified) with modified gearing. Stock gearing it would've taken miles and miles to go that fast.

Nobi dont have a speedo healer but i know that its almost dead on by when i went to the drag strip, i was crossing the line at.112 and my bike.was reading amost the same about 118-119 and thats not bad enough to get one imo, but when the bike hit the limiter it actually was reading 165ish but since my speed is off 157 sounds right %eg wies. And it did take me miles to get up there, i rode out on a sunday morning at like 5am....no traffic made 5 runs until i was able to hit it adjusting the co level after every run leaning it out from where i had it set way to high +50 originally

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
something tells me that Chevy uses i285 like a racetrack ;)

but where is a good safe place to pin it for a few miles around here?

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site

over here, that's 60mph vs 127mph, give or take a little.

with some fancy online calculators....

60mph = 117feet to stop completely (these are car numbers)
127mph = 539 feet to stop completely (again, car numbers)

a good friend and co-worker left his first skid mark 537 feet (gps coordinates, taken by me the next morning) long to where he expired. an experienced rider, for more than 30 years. the road was a 5 lane, unused race-track (dog track) access loop with excellent traction, visibility, and space. a very mild turn likely of interstate spec (70mph) was what the entire loop consisted of. gear or not, at his, and your speed, it will not matter.

i'm not judging you, i'm just giving you some information to chew on.

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
over here, that's 60mph vs 127mph, give or take a little.

with some fancy online calculators....

60mph = 117feet to stop completely (these are car numbers)
127mph = 539 feet to stop completely (again, car numbers)

a good friend and co-worker left his first skid mark 537 feet (gps coordinates, taken by me the next morning) long to where he expired. an experienced rider, for more than 30 years. the road was a 5 lane, unused race-track (dog track) access loop with excellent traction, visibility, and space. a very mild turn likely of interstate spec (70mph) was what the entire loop consisted of. gear or not, at his, and your speed, it will not matter.

i'm not judging you, i'm just giving you some information to chew on.

Thanks. I've completely changed my view since the time I posted this video, and I rarely exceed speed limit by more than 10-20 mph now. Since the video, I haven't and will not push the bike to such speeds ever again. In fact, just thinking about it gives me the shivers..