Gettin' close!

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
Been working heavily to finish my naked conversion. Still have to get the cluster properly mounted, and I don't have any mirror on it yet, but I did run it around my block last night. Feels COMPLETELY different than when it had a full nose on it. Lots of parts will be up for sale soon.

57655080394__D15A10CE-4384-4301-BF76-9CC36CA86AB9.JPG

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good..

How's it feel different? Just not seeing the old fairing not moving/ not there?

Also, I think you had an issue on another thread. What was that and was it resolved?

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good..

How's it feel different? Just not seeing the old fairing not moving/ not there?

Also, I think you had an issue on another thread. What was that and was it resolved?

Yeah, everything just feels more open. It's a different experience without having the nose blocking your view, and there's a lot more airflow, so no more overheating while wearing full gear. I was looking for a factory wiring harness in another thread (if that's what you're referring to), just so I didn't have to chop up the harness. I ended up pulling the battery and battery box, and bundled up all the excessive harness in the frame right tin front of the battery. This worked really well. I only have low beam/driving light right now, I'll wire in the high beam once I convert the H4 to LED. I also replaced all the turn signals with factory LED ones. The only normal bulbs I have left are the headlight and plate bulb. The "kit" I bought is missing a few grommets, so I'm hunting those down right now. They are what lock the cluster in place, so it wobbles around a bit right now. I also need to drill/tap the front brake reservoir for my right side mirror. That's a "this weekend" project.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the right side mirror is reverse thread, the left side regular.

I know one them is backwards so might want to check on that before drilling, tapping threads.

Or use FZ 8 bar mounts!