BC Riders

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for riders local to me to start up a FZ6 riding group.. Im in Langley BC

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I'm over on the Island but venture over to the mainland often to ride with a couple friends of mine.

Would love to get a FZ6 Riders meet going over on the mianland and open it up to all mainland, Island and other 'local' FZ6 riders!

greenthumb

Reaction score
Visit site
Im in the Kelowna area, moving to Revelstoke for the summer.
my job keeps me pretty busy in the summertime, but im always on the move.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome

Welcome to the site Fellow BC'r...... Now there are 3 of us here.... Revelstoke.... Not too far... Im in Langley

Dennis

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
coquitlam... awesome.... I am going to plan a Harrision ride sometime this summer... I will post it here when I do....

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!!! Welcome to the site.... Richmond is the closest yet....

wstcstguy

Reaction score
Visit site
so much fun

just picked up my new 06 from ga checkpoint last thursday! so much fun!
sold my drz400s wednesday, bought the fz6 the next day.
i'm in coquitlam, too.
any tips on break-in ? only 20kms so far,

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Although I was given some questionable break-in advice from the salesperson who delivered my bike ("Yeh...just rev the nuts off it once in while for the first coupla hundred k's....it won't hurt it"), I've stuck to the old-fashioned method that I've used for years with bikes and cars:-
I kept the RPM's under 4000 rpm for the first 150km's, and under 6000 rpm until the odometer showed 300km's.....it's SOOOOOOO tempting to buzz it higher, but there's plenty of time for that. I'm now letting it rev up to 8000 rpm, with one juvenile burst to 10,000rpm yesterday just for the heck of it. :D
The main thing is to strike a happy medium....don't let the engine labour, let it spin freely all the time without over-revving, and DON'T USE FULL THROTTLE until you see at least 1000 km's on the odometer. Use the gearbox as much as possible; it's not just the engine that you're breaking in. I'm sure some younger folks here will scoff at my cautious approach, but it does work.
I've now got 600km's on my FZ6 and it's really starting to settle down...some of the annoying high-frequency buzzing is disappearing, and the shifting has changed from a loud CLANK to a manly THUNK. :D
The transmission howls quite a bit in 4th gear, but I'm guessing that's normal. (Actually, I'm HOPING that's normal....the last time I heard a transmission howl like that in 4th it was my old Bonneville, and the gearbox seized up at 90mph. Very exciting...)

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Alas....your blue one will be smooth...but it will never be quite as smooth as a Red One. :Sport:
So....when is our first BC Lower Mainland "get together ride"? :D

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having a great time this week tear-assing between Osoyoos and Midway and back again on my FZ6.....GREAT road for a bike. I've learned more about the handling and power of my FZ6 over the last few days than I would have in months of riding around Vancouver.
I'm riding with my son and his Father-in-Law who are on a pair of KLR650's which are quite surprising bikes on the road.
While I'll never be the ear-holing idiot that I was back in the 60's on my Bonneville, lots of skills are coming back again, so I should be able to hold my own in a group again. :D

Last edited:

Canada17

Reaction score
Visit site
Surrey here...don't worry I won't steal them...

Just got my FZ6 a couple weeks ago and found this site. Almost done the break-in period. Let me know if you all are going for a ride!

L

Lucky

I'm having a great time this week tear-assing between Osoyoos and Midway and back again on my FZ6.....GREAT road for a bike. I've learned more about the handling and power of my FZ6 over the last few days than I would have in months of riding around Vancouver.

Try Lytton - Lillooet-Pemeberton :thumbup: