UK Meet 4th & 5th October 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Uk Meet 11th Oct 2008

Hi folks .... After the success of the last meet in Leamington Spa :thumbup: I am wondering if anyone would be interested in attending another meet later on in the year ???

Due to my strange shift cycle the best weekend after my Falklands det and summer hols etc would be 11th-12th Oct ... I know its a little late in the year but I know the majority of you are hardened riders in all weathers :)

I understand that other dates may suit you all better but I'm just testing the water and giving plenty of notice :thumbup:

Could you please reply if interested or just ignore me and I'll sink into the background ;)

Also any ideas of what you would want to do ... sporting event/track day/ride out curry and chips ..... etc etc

Cheers for now fellas JC

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Uk Meet 11th Oct 2008

Hi folks .... After the success of the last meet in Leamington Spa :thumbup: I am wondering if anyone would be interested in attending another meet later on in the year ???

Due to my strange shift cycle the best weekend after my Falklands det and summer hols etc would be 11th-12th Oct ... I know its a little late in the year but I know the majority of you are hardened riders in all weathers :)

I understand that other dates may suit you all better but I'm just testing the water and giving plenty of notice :thumbup:

Could you please reply if interested or just ignore me and I'll sink into the background ;)

Also any ideas of what you would want to do ... sporting event/track day/ride out curry and chips ..... etc etc

Cheers for now fellas JC
Hi Jonna,
If I am still in the UK (which means yes) I will defo book up for it. Where you thinking of going? In all fairness It wont get any wetter than Gaz, Jim and I got on the way home from leamington lol.
So I am defo up for it. Venue warm pub, log fire and a decent Indian.

Nelly

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yes I'm in.

Although there was mention of a cruise across the Atlantic, just looking; that is a bit latter in the month thou.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yes I'm in.

Although there was mention of a cruise across the Atlantic, just looking; that is a bit latter in the month thou.
Mate you dont want to do that. The sea will be all chopy and not very nice. Best sit it out in a nice warm bar some where.

Nelly

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site

When in Ireland recently, I visited Cobh the last landfall of the Titanic. There's a museum there that's dedicated to the Titanic & the Irish that emigrated to the US from there. Despite a concerted effort, we still managed to miss the museum & ended up in a smashing little boozer over looking the bay, when a quick liverner at lunchtime turned into a session:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

I'm up for an October meet.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

Lets get all the names together then and work this out..
:thumbup:

BSB at Brands Hatch is on that weekend :iconbeer: could be an option ???

Or we could do the leamington Spa thing again ???

Post your ideas and wants ....

:Flash:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Lets get all the names together then and work this out..
:thumbup:

BSB at Brands Hatch is on that weekend :iconbeer: could be an option ???

Or we could do the leamington Spa thing again ???

Post your ideas and wants ....

:Flash:

It would be nice to do a proper ride. Thru hills and dales. :thumbup:

Followed by tea and crumpets.:iconbeer: :iconbeer:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Just been told that I have a Level 42 Concert on the 12th at Symphony Hall in Brum. Been looking forward to it for months.:eek:

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm unfortunately working that weekend:(
4/5 &18/19 are OK for me though if there is any shifting of dates.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

When in Ireland recently, I visited Cobh the last landfall of the Titanic. There's a museum there that's dedicated to the Titanic & the Irish that emigrated to the US from there. Despite a concerted effort, we still managed to miss the museum & ended up in a smashing little boozer over looking the bay, when a quick liverner at lunchtime turned into a session:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

I'm up for an October meet.
I have been there with my wife and first daughter. The museum is reall quaint and smells like an old library. It had some really good stuff, mainly old black and white stills.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Just been told that I have a Level 42 Concert on the 12th at Symphony Hall in Brum. Been looking forward to it for months.:eek:
Michael,
You will bee to hung over to make the concert. I got a free DVD in the mail on Sunday. You can have that to listen to on the way up.

Nelly

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site

Next time could you give a bit more notice? I'm going to be in Morroco :eek: If anyone in Agadir fancies a meet, I'll try and get the FZ on as hand luggage.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

Next time could you give a bit more notice? I'm going to be in Morroco :eek: If anyone in Agadir fancies a meet, I'll try and get the FZ on as hand luggage.

Lol ... that made me chuckle

What about we look at alternative dates ... Seems like a bad weekend for most...

Post your available dates later in the year and we'll try and come up with something suitable..

Cheers JC

Status
Not open for further replies.