Alpinestars S-MX2 vs S-MX4

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay everyone, I am pretty much all set with my Pro Gear, I am down to the Boots.

I pretty much have it narrowed down to the AS S-MX2 or S-MX4. What would you all recommend for a good all around boot. I want something that will provide some good protection in the event of a crash or fall but I also want something that I can walk around in just in case I am out for a while. Thanks in advance for any input.

Or would you wait an extra month and get the S-MX5 that they are coming out with...

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the SMX-R boots. They are really awesome. Great ventilation, great feel, and I like how they have the adjustable strap to fit against my chicken legs. Im glad I spent the few extra bucks.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a pair of SMX-R's today! I'll let ya know what I think of them... First impressions are "They Rock!" Hot 90+ degree day... Nice cool feet.:thumbup: Fit good too. I don't think there will be a long break in.

I love em 2!!!! Best boot I've ever had. Well only boot besides my redwing work boots...

Break in was easy

new06fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to get the S-mx2 but I wanted a bigger boot for all around safety. I ended up getting the s-mx4 R over the normal mx4 for the extra 50 bucks.