Naked by choice or by crash?

Naked by choice or by crash?

• I purchased a FZ6N.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I purchased the bike used and the previous owner had converted it to a naked.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I converted because nakeds rock!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • After a fairing damaging incident I decided to go naked.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just curious as to how many of us tore apart our bikes because we wanted a naked FZ, or because we saw it as an option after damaging the fairing from a crash or drop? Obviously, those who were lucky enough to purchase the FZ6N knew that nakeds rocked from the start!:rockon:

For me, my current FZ is my 6th bike, and my 2nd FZ. My 2nd bike was a blue '05, and I always regretted getting rid of it. Still, I never thought I'd get another as I'd already been there, done that, and just wanted something new. However, when I found a deal on my current silver '05, I couldn't pass it up. I lucked out in that it was at least a different color, and instantly fell in love with the bike and remembered why I thought the last one was so great, but it still wasn't different enough from my past ride to satisfy me. Then I stumbled upon a thread elsewhere by Wavex and it was all over... I started researching my options for headlights and couldn't rip that fairing off fast enough! :D

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like faired and the naked bikes, but the naked one was much cheaper and as I only occasionally do long trips I opted for it.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Converted twice without needing a crash. It`s a bit smarted to do it before the crash, so you can get $350 for the front fairing....

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the naked a lot more. I think it separates the FZ6 from most bikes. Its not just another faired sportbike. Im going to get the headlight that Steve is putting on when I save up a bit.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the naked look especially on the Wavex machine. I never thought about selling the fairing on ebay to fund a naked mod! :rockon:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
By choice, crashed it once put it back together, had another lil incident left it that way up until a few days ago when i decided that the naked streetfighter look is definatly the route im going:thumbup: