Calsci +9.5 windscreen --- initial impression

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed my Calsci +9.5 windscreen on my 2007 FZ6 today and promply took it onto the highway. I'm 5'8-5'9 and the wind still seems to hit me at forehead height. I think the helmet wind noise is a little higher.

But the good news is that this thing REALLY WORKS well! With the stock screen I would have to duck and brace every time I passed a truck or a truck passed me. Now I can follow trucks, pass them sitting up straight. When the wind blast comes I feel it as a breeze, but it does not shake the bike. Riding on a 2 lane road at 55 mph used to be an adventure every time an 18 wheeler passed in the opposing lane. Again, I feel the breeze, but the bike stays rock solid.

If I slouch i can lower the noise/wind and I can easily get completly behind the wind screen. It is really quiet in the tucked position.

I was worried that it would be too hot. Today was windy so it might not be a good indicator, but I was getting plenty of wind on my arms (mesh jacket) and chest at speeds above 35 mph.

I'm still taking bug hits to the helmet face shield, but not as many as before. I noticed that I have more hits on the top of the helmet now.

So, the initial review is consistant with the opinion's of others. This thing is great. I'm now ready for a long roadtrip!