Seat latching with GREAT difficulty

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
So let me explain to you guys what happened.

I changed my coolant today, and after all was said and done, when time came to put the seat back.... it wouldn't fit. I have never had any sort of problems putting it back on. Easiest thing in the world. Now i have to push down on it, and "shimmy" it into the latch (front one not the release in the back)

And when it's in and locked, it seems as if it's further back than before... It used to touche the gas tank... now it's about 1cm back.

any ideas of what might have happened?!?!? The only thing i can think of is that i bend something when i lifted the gas tank.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
So let me explain to you guys what happened.

I changed my coolant today, and after all was said and done, when time came to put the seat back.... it wouldn't fit. I have never had any sort of problems putting it back on. Easiest thing in the world. Now i have to push down on it, and "shimmy" it into the latch (front one not the release in the back)

And when it's in and locked, it seems as if it's further back than before... It used to touche the gas tank... now it's about 1cm back.

any ideas of what might have happened?!?!? The only thing i can think of is that i bend something when i lifted the gas tank.

Sounds like the front tongue of the seat isn't sitting in the slot correctly. Look at the tongue and see if it's been damaged or bent. With my stock seat, I'd have trouble occassionally getting it lined up properly. Not as big of a problem with my Corbin.

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
i find it impossible that it'd be bent.... all i did is take the seat off, put it on the table and that's it. Nothing touched it after that. It's weird, and at the same time annoying because i take it off pretty often.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem with my seat. The previous owner had not put the seat back on completely and it bent the plastic hook on the front of the seat so it doesn't go in the catch on the frame. I straightened it with a pair of pliers and it's good as new.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I find that you have to align it correctly front to back, make sure the tongue is in and give it a whack.

I would rather have the fastening really tight than vibrating like hell.

Also try and use the key to open the seat latch while putting the seat back on.

Steve