Stock tires

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
Several times now the back tire has stepped out on me during "decent" acceleration while cornering. I have ridden allot of bikes and none have done this that easy! I checked my tire pressure and everything checked out.

do the Stock Dunlops need to go?

tire recommendations?

Thanks Nick

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll get a varied opinion on this, but IMO they are not the best, I would first suggest a review of your cornering strategy, Speed and gear selection upon entry, turn in point, lean angle, hard application of throttle before the apex, etc. Not a criticism of your skill, just something to think about, Still if you can, replace em!

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks
i think i will try to change them soon.

There is no question that that i do not corner perfectly. However if i get on any of my friends bikes i don't corner differently, and i don't get any slide?

Any tire suggestions?

H

HavBlue

My bike came with the D252 tires and while they were great for general use, they were horrible for really tearing it up. They took forever to heat up, worked best in the lower pressure ranges which made them sluggish and above all, they were not a confidence building tire. I have since switched to the Conti Road Attack and life is very good.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got the new Dunlop Roadsmart Dual Compound tire: Dunlop Tire Roadsmart
Its "The Bomb" Grip on the twisties is phenominal, commuting and doing wheelies has never been easier, lol. Seriously look into this, all my buds who ride want it (on their R6's and R1's) now because its very soft/sticky on the sides and harder in the middle. I think that tire got great reviews as well...
Heres a pic of what the rear looks like ;)

C

CombatPenguin

I didn't think the stock d252's were that bad till I got new tires put on (stupid nails). I was going to get the Roadsmart's but the dealer didn't have them so I got the Qualifiers instead and what a difference they made. I wish I could have just got another 252 I only had 2500 miles on them but I really don't trust a patched tire on two wheels.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just me or are the OEM D252's not avail in California? No place i called or went to had heard of them. The dealers couldnt get them either and i showed them it was on the new FZ6's on the showroom they just shook their shoulders, lol...I find this weird...

C

CombatPenguin

From everyting I read online you cant buy the d252 it only comes on new bikes.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I'm getting a set of Conti RoadAttacks next Monday. I'll let you know how they are after I've broken them in.

FYI - Most of the couriers in London seem to run them so they must not be too bad.

H

HavBlue

I'm getting a set of Conti RoadAttacks next Monday. I'll let you know how they are after I've broken them in.

FYI - Most of the couriers in London seem to run them so they must not be too bad.

Been running them for quite some time now and they're great....

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
the dealer I use said they can order them, but the rear cost 300+ dollars so it cheaper just to replace the set.

Thanks for the info! I thought maybe it was a tire only avail in Japan or something (our bikes are built there right? lol)
$300 :eek: No thanks, i paid $170 for my rear Roadsmart Installed at a shop in Anaheim. I think the front would run me $140-150 Installed.

C

CombatPenguin

$300 wow that must be the sportmax gp-a tire I'm thinking but either way I don't think most people would pay that for just one tire. It cost me $509 for the Qualifiers installed. I'm just hoping I get about 4k miles out of them the guy who sold them to me said he ran them and only got 1500 mile out of his.