FZ6 on a track - pics

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So I've got into trackday sometime ago. I've did last weekend with Keigwins at Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, CA, USA.

Although some of my colleges doubted FZ6 will perform on a track I had a blast :) Most awesome thing was 1liter bikes were passing me on a straights but I was passing them on a turns :)

Bike is almost stock besides:
* frontend dropped by 10mm
* 0.85 springs
* custom fork preload spacers for proper sag
* 10wt fork oil (old and I was getting boing-boing action).
* SS lines
* DP Superbike HH+ pads

So now I want to show off a little and share pics :BLAA:

Pictures taken by Dito Milian @ www.gotbluemilk.com

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought tape was to prevent plastic from shattering on track if you went down????/ I guess you guys never go down.....lol.

Hm you might be right. For some reason they don't require it. If they would I would be all in for it.

About getting down... some people go down. Some very hard. It was first time I've seen helicopter taking rider from track to trauma center.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is almost stock besides:
* frontend dropped by 10mm
* 0.85 springs
* custom fork preload spacers for proper sag
* 10wt fork oil (old and I was getting boing-boing action).
* SS lines
* DP Superbike HH+ pads

Thanks for sharing the pics. Inspiration for me to get out and do my first track day.

Also thanks for the specs/mods list, always like seeing what other people have luck running with.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think they used to require tape when the lenses were glass, but now just don't want the distraction, thus disconnecting the appropriate fuse(s). They also want mirrors removed or taped over.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! Yeah.. all the places around here still ask for all lenses to be taped. Never heard of disconnected lights being acceptable, but it's worth asking :thumbup:

And yeah.. I remember FZ6 felt more flickable than my FZ1, despite better suspension on the 1.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just asked the guy running an event this Monday. Lights still have to be taped, on or off :(

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Great photos, love the reflection of the track in your visor. Looks like a fun track with lots of runoff and the most important part - your having a blast!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At first I was afraid to look as I see the addiction pulling me in!!! ((Can't commit right now... Anyway, should you continue, put some good forks on there and maybe do something with the back - these bikes have a place, maybe not at the track for competition with SS but damn they are FUN! I really like how mine is setup as its blast to ride! Before any mods were done the suspension was gone over on both ends....

One day Crisis will meet the track!

Anyway - Thanks for Posting! Great Pictures! :thumbup::thumbup:

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
At first I was afraid to look as I see the addiction pulling me in!!! ((Can't commit right now...

If you can't commit then DON'T DO IT :) For me it kind of next step in my motorcycle adventure. I was riding with my wife for ~2yrs (she rides other bike not pillon) and motorcycles and riding become important part of our life.

So I took first trackday in June and it was like somebody put needle in my arm and start feeding me up with gas, fumes, fun and adrenaline :) I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards. All my minds were drifting to a trackday...

Anyway, should you continue, put some good forks on there and maybe do something with the back - these bikes have a place, maybe not at the track for competition with SS but damn they are FUN!

That's awkward part... For now I think if I'm going to focus more on trackdays I might get another track bike. I love FZ6 but doing full setup for a track will be expensive. Much more expensive than getting track oriented bike. Maybe R6/R1 to stay with yamaha :) we will see :)

One day Crisis will meet the track!

If you ever want to hit Thunderhill in CA, let me know :) I might meet you there :)