1986 fz600 puresport

roadracer 666

Reaction score
Visit site
hi everyone and thanks for the welcome ,i have a 86 fz600 puresport ,i was fixing it up with my brother ,(he knew so much about bikes it was awsome :) ) when he found he had cancer ,he died 3 months later and i couldnt bear to look at the bike for the past 2 and a half years . ive decided though to finish of what we started so i have fitted new spark plugs renewed every rotten connector bought new battery ,when i went to wire up battery there are 3 black wires and 1 red ,does this seem right to you guys ,it seems a lot of black wires to the battery ,ive renewed the red which was split and extended with a new one to the solenoid aswell ,i just really need some help if anyone could help me that would be amazing or if anyone has a wiring diagram for the bike anyway thanks for your time many thanks rob :confused:

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey bud,

Mine (just sold it this february) If I remember correctly had only two grounds to the battery. Not sure where your 3rd is coming from. And Yes, only 1 Positive Cable.
I also have a Clymer repair manual. Hang tight and when I get to work Monday I'll PDF the Wiring diagram for you! Just PM me an email to send it to you at!

I did a TON of work to mine in the short year that I had it. 90% of that being Electrical Issues that i had to sort out. If you have any other questions just ask away!!!

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Townsend!

Hey Roadracer:

Also a little tip on electrical: Check your headlight bulbs before you get too far! The Should be the h4 type, but rated 35/35watt. If someone put 60/55watt bulbs in, Replace them Immediately with 35/35's! The electrical system cant hold us to these! The previous owner of my bike (and alot of owners of these FZ600's) though that was a good idea... Then they all end up frying charging rotors and Stators which = $$$

Also, more just as importantly, Lets see some pics of this vintage girl!!

-The other Scott

Last edited:

roadracer 666

Reaction score
Visit site
guys and lady thank you all so much was thinking i was lost but you people are brill i will post some pics but she isnt looking pretty at the moment and thanks again what a welcome and the help is second to none thank you ,im happy now and my bro would be made up i am working on the bike again :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: