Help me figure out this Two Brothers and OEM issue! Please

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok here is the problem and yes I searched, I have an 07 and I bought a two brothers, it came with a fender eliminator and some fancy blinkers but I really want to run the all stock stuff and just add the two brothers. I took it all apart and then realized that the bracket on the bottom of the muffler is welded and won't be a quick fix so I think I will have to make so kinda custom bracket. Can some one lead me in the right direction or maybe there is a kit to make this happen. I am going naked and running a FZ1-N head light with the factory front blinkers and I want to run the same in the back. I guess I could run the FE and add the factory blinker to that but would really rather not use it. Please Help if you can. Thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok here is the problem and yes I searched, I have an 07 and I bought a two brothers, it came with a fender eliminator and some fancy blinkers but I really want to run the all stock stuff and just add the two brothers. I took it all apart and then realized that the bracket on the bottom of the muffler is welded and won't be a quick fix so I think I will have to make so kinda custom bracket. Can some one lead me in the right direction or maybe there is a kit to make this happen. I am going naked and running a FZ1-N head light with the factory front blinkers and I want to run the same in the back. I guess I could run the FE and add the factory blinker to that but would really rather not use it. Please Help if you can. Thanks

From what you describe, without pictures, I think I'd be looking at leaving the Two brothers bracket stock and get some 1/8" aluminum plate.

Make a flat bracket to fit to the 2 Bro's directional mount, then extend back, down, etc (your choice) and trim the new aluminum bracket end to match the stock Yamaha directionals.

You could also hack up your Yamaha directional holder (plastic) and bolt that plastic to the aluminum...

IMHO, I'd make it one unit, paint it black, it'd look stock and perform as stock.. Obviously, you need some metal working tools(nothing too major, drill file, at least a hack saw) and some time...

Good luck..

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I figured I was going to have to make something I was just hoping I wasn't the only one that wanted to stay Stock out there! I would have taken pics but it is really just stock, and the two brothers bracket so its not a big deal. thanks for the help thou

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, the stockers don't look as nice as the aftermarket but I prefer to be seen and the bike looks like a sleeper...

Got to smoke a hopped up, lowered, R6 the other night, surprise!! He didn't fall back far but stayed about 200' behind me to triple digits before I backed off.. I know, I was bad, but it was fun!! Knocked over the left overs in my shoe box bungied to my rear rack too.. :( :rockon:

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw SDNative in his skills to Fab an FE so I will try to make one as mentioned by TownsendsFJR1300 to make it work, really I was just looking for an easy way out!
:BLAA:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased my 08 in April with TB exhaust and had to go back to stock for inspection (FE kit lights are too small/no reflectors). I haven't gone back yet because I don't like the quality of the FE kit, and have the same desire as you - run TB exhaust, but keep the stock fender. Haven't done anything about it though, so I'm all stock at the moment.

Actually, the perfect situation would be to have a smaller OEM-quality fender, because the stock thing is a bit big and bulky.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw SDNative in his skills to Fab an FE so I will try to make one as mentioned by TownsendsFJR1300 to make it work, really I was just looking for an easy way out!
:BLAA:

It really shouldn't be hard to do, just some time depending on what metal fabricating tools you have. Aluminum is pretty soft and easy to work with and plenty strong enough for this application...

I'd decide about where you want the directionals placed first.

Get some cardboard and make a template off the Two Bro's bracket(including the mounting holes, etc).
Mark a center point where you want the yamaha directionals at, then use the cardboard to trace the Yamaha mount/opening to the cardboard.

Transfer all your markings to aluminum, cut/drill and trim away...

If you don't want to mess with it (or unable to), make me a very accurate template and I can make up the plates... I'd need an exact size/demensions so USPS would be involved...

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site

Marked,

Look at Bonemans custom FZ6 fender eliminator on his website. Basically the route I am going....with my Two Brothers exhaust. The FZ6 FE Kit is up for sale via eBay.... Here is the seller. '04- 09 Yamaha FZ6 Fender Eliminator Kit | eBay

The item might be closed. But look up " other items" for sale via the same seller on eBay. . He has put more FE kits up for sale. The beauty about this kit is you can still utilize the stock lighting (blinkers, license plate lamp) if you choose. Without hacking wires or worrying about get hassled by the authorities. Just a thought...

Last edited:

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased my 08 in April with TB exhaust and had to go back to stock for inspection (FE kit lights are too small/no reflectors). I haven't gone back yet because I don't like the quality of the FE kit, and have the same desire as you - run TB exhaust, but keep the stock fender. Haven't done anything about it though, so I'm all stock at the moment.

Actually, the perfect situation would be to have a smaller OEM-quality fender, because the stock thing is a bit big and bulky.

Thats exactly why I want everything stock the base inspection is tuff but I could pass (I think) with the Two Bros with the P1X power tips I have but I personally like the OEM blinker. I have red reflectors as plate bolts but again I like the side reflectors too.

Norcal that could work but not forsale anymore and would have to ask if I could keep the side reflectors and use with 2 bros. If it comes up again.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
NorCal that could work but not forsale anymore and would have to ask if I could keep the side reflectors and use with 2 bros. If it comes up again.[/QUOTE]

I should rephrase. Just look at Bonemans FZ6 Two Brothers install. In it you will find the modified Two Brothers Fender Eliminator installs. It incorporates both FE kits.

As for getting the FE kit I just sent an email to the seller via eBay. He didnt have any when I ordered as well. Very accomodating and quick turn around..... I went this route so if I feel the need to put aftermarket blinkers I can. But primarily I can utilize the OEM plate light. I beleive seldom you will find better quality than OEM standard in general with lighting.

Last edited:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I myself just picked up a TB exhaust and the PO cut the pieces that you connect signals to off, :( and since I already had Larry's FE, I will just modify it to work like he did. Tested the exhaust and boy does it sound awesome, I knew it would as my younger bro has it on his R1. Can't wait to take it for a spin