Aftermarket Exhaust

AMO

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and am looking at an aftermarket exhaust. I've narrowed it down to scorp's and two bros.

I'm just wondering which one will work better without having to buy a juice box or a pcIII.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Both should work fine without the TBJB or PCIII. You might hear some popping noises upon deceleration with the Two Bros, but it doesn't hurt anything. However, without those you won't see any HP gains, if that mattered to you.

AMO

Reaction score
Visit site
Both should work fine without the TBJB or PCIII. You might hear some popping noises upon deceleration with the Two Bros, but it doesn't hurt anything. However, without those you won't see any HP gains, if that mattered to you.

Which one would have more HP gain if I were to get a juice box or pcIII in the future?

Also, which would be an easier installation?

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Which one would have more HP gain if I were to get a juice box or pcIII in the future?

Also, which would be an easier installation?

They're both slip ons, so both pretty straight forward to install. As for the HP gain, both will be negligible for the price (you're looking at no more than 10 HP, likely closer to 5-6) even with the PCIII/TBJB. The PCIII has better customization options as it can go by RPM increments while the TBJB only has low, med and high rev settings.

AMO

Reaction score
Visit site
What about the cat pipes that i hear about? I'm not very knowledgeable about those. What are they for?

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
What about the cat pipes that i hear about? I'm not very knowledgeable about those. What are they for?

It's short for "catalytic converter", it basically removes contaminants from your exhaust before spitting it out into the world. I'm not sure how it works on bikes, but most cars have multiple catalytic converters so you're safe to remove one or two of them without affecting your emissions test. The other thing with cars is that your O2 sensor is usually right after your first catalytic converter, so removing that could keep your O2 sensor on.

Again, I'm not sure what the impact is of removing it from the bike.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
They're both slip ons, so both pretty straight forward to install. As for the HP gain, both will be negligible for the price (you're looking at no more than 10 HP, likely closer to 5-6) even with the PCIII/TBJB. The PCIII has better customization options as it can go by RPM increments while the TBJB only has low, med and high rev settings.

Not entirely true the base model juice box is not infinitely adjustable but they do make one that is. i would still go with a PCIII/PCIV just because they are the main name and probably have the most money and research invested.

on another note, adding a de-cat midpipe will just put more contaminants into the air and besides air quality, wont hurt anything.

for the record my bike is Stock as a Clock except for touring mods (bags n stuff)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Does the de-cat pipe increase performance because of decreased weight?

In you case your better off just leaving it alone unless the exhaust comes with one. In other words paying a extra couple $100 for a pipe won't help your bike, well help it very very very little vs the 1st fz6. This is because the S2 also has cats in the headers vs only one on the S1 in the mid pipe. And this particular cat that is in the mid pipe is very free flowing. It's made like a honeycomb so there is very little flow reduction vs older cats. Before I took mine out I actually held up the pipe to my mouth and blew through it to see just how free flowing it really is and I noticed 0 restriction. That being said I still gutted it because I wanted it louder.

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you guys don't mind me de-railing this topic for one second, but I have a question related to these aftermarket exhausts.

When you say a 'slip on' is that JUST the muffler? Or does that include a mid pipe, header, and muffler (a complete system)? They seem crazy expensive, but I would like to know if you're buying a system or a slip on muffler. Also, if you buy JUST a muffler will it change the tone significantly? If you buy the whole system, will it change the tone of the bike even more significantly?

I would like to upgrade exhaust, but in all honesty I'm not a moto-gp racer I would like a throatier bike that's about it.

Mud

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you guys don't mind me de-railing this topic for one second, but I have a question related to these aftermarket exhausts.

When you say a 'slip on' is that JUST the muffler? Or does that include a mid pipe, header, and muffler (a complete system)? They seem crazy expensive, but I would like to know if you're buying a system or a slip on muffler. Also, if you buy JUST a muffler will it change the tone significantly? If you buy the whole system, will it change the tone of the bike even more significantly?

I would like to upgrade exhaust, but in all honesty I'm not a moto-gp racer I would like a throatier bike that's about it.

Mud

No one actually makes a full system for the fz6. You can only get what most people would call "slip ons" but since the fz6 has a under seat setup it's not exactly a traditional "slip on" most all exhaust you can buy for the fz6 will come with 2 slip on's and a "Y" pipe or a "T" to connect the stock exhaust. Some of these systems also come with the cat delete pipe and some are sold separate. So essentially most of them could be called a "cat back" system.

The main reason why the prices are so high is because you are having to buy 2 pipes instead of 1 like on most bikes, plus the connector pipe as well as bracket.

Any after market exhaust that you can buy for the fz6 will significantly change the exhaust note but there are also other options if your main goal is more noise. You could go the easy route and just drill the stock exhaust. A step further and gut the stock cat. A step further and actually gut the stock muffler. Or a huge leap forward and make your own exhaust as myself and several other members have done and so been coined by the great Jtanarky-sp? BYF B ack Y ard F abricators

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
No one actually makes a full system for the fz6. You can only get what most people would call "slip ons" but since the fz6 has a under seat setup it's not exactly a traditional "slip on" most all exhaust you can buy for the fz6 will come with 2 slip on's and a "Y" pipe or a "T" to connect the stock exhaust. Some of these systems also come with the cat delete pipe and some are sold separate. So essentially most of them could be called a "cat back" system.

The main reason why the prices are so high is because you are having to buy 2 pipes instead of 1 like on most bikes, plus the connector pipe as well as bracket.

Any after market exhaust that you can buy for the fz6 will significantly change the exhaust note but there are also other options if your main goal is more noise. You could go the easy route and just drill the stock exhaust. A step further and gut the stock cat. A step further and actually gut the stock muffler. Or a huge leap forward and make your own exhaust as myself and several other members have done and so been coined by the great Jtanarky-sp? BYF B ack Y ard F abricators

How do you drill out your exhaust? Does it give the bike a deeper, throatier tone? I'd love to do it, I am not a fast enough rider to care about 5-6 HP increase, or to have $1,000 to throw down on a exhaust system.

Thanks
Mud

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Basically you take a really long drill bit and stick it right down the middle of the exhaust outlet on each side and drill away. There are quite a few threads going on it but since they screwed tapatalk over i can't find any. You might have better luck from a computer, and google.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you drill out your exhaust? Does it give the bike a deeper, throatier tone? I'd love to do it, I am not a fast enough rider to care about 5-6 HP increase, or to have $1,000 to throw down on a exhaust system.

Thanks
Mud

If you have access to a metal cutter and a welder you can completely remove the baffles. I did this to my car to maintain the stock look and still get a better sound. :rockon:

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Basically you take a really long drill bit and stick it right down the middle of the exhaust outlet on each side and drill away. There are quite a few threads going on it but since they screwed tapatalk over i can't find any. You might have better luck from a computer, and google.

I may have to try this! So you're not drilling out the sides of the exhaust or anything, you're drilling out the inside so it will never be seen.... Awesome!
What size drill bit should I use? Are we talking drilling out the end of the entire baffle @ 1" or whatever it is? Or are we talking about drilling 1/4" out?
If you have access to a metal cutter and a welder you can completely remove the baffles. I did this to my car to maintain the stock look and still get a better sound. :rockon:

I.... don't really have access. There would be chance that I could get a squad leader to do it for me, but I dunno for sure. I'll try drilling them out and see what it does.

sloring

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's against federal emission law to tamper with your exhaust, especially with the catalytic converter. It is there for a reason people! That's so we won't breath the harmful emissions. And reason why cars and motorcycle have exhaust is to REDUCE the noise. That's what they are for. So please respect your neighbor and this Earth. Thank you.

P.S. you're going to go to jail if you mess with your exhaust, don't say I didn't warn ya

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's against federal emission law to tamper with your exhaust, especially with the catalytic converter. It is there for a reason people! That's so we won't breath the harmful emissions. And reason why cars and motorcycle have exhaust is to REDUCE the noise. That's what they are for. So please respect your neighbor and this Earth. Thank you.

P.S. you're going to go to jail if you mess with your exhaust, don't say I didn't warn ya

Each state has its own laws regarding motorcycle noise and c02 emissions. In Georgia where I live there are 0 noise or c02 requirements for motorcycles.

Do some research before trying to scare people...