Track day at Croft race circuit 12th May 08

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Booked myself on to another track day :thumbup:

If anyone is interested there are 2 places available as of today Sunday 4th....
£115 for a whole load of smiles !!!!!

Myself and another mate on his GSXR600 are riding up on the Sunday night to camp (To be confirmed) ... I've been told camping is free but am still trying to clarify..

Would love to see an FZ6 blasting round so if anyone is interested get yourself booked on it !!!

Focused Events: Bike Track Days, Car Track Days, UK Track Days, Euro Track Days, Bike Events, Car Events, car racing, bike racing, motor racing, silverstone, brands hatch, oulton park, cadwell park, donnington, cartagena, jerez, estoril

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I take it by the sight of tumble weeds rolling past this post that you're all busy working lol ;)

No worries... I'll fill you in with all the details next week...

Just ordered a set of BT021's for the bike before the track day .... If they stick like my 020's on the fz6 I'll be a happy man :thumbup:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Another great track day and managed to keep the new bike in one piece ... I did have 1 or 2 scares today :D

The RR was freakin awesome and sounds sweet bouncing off the limiter :thumbup:

JH4Q2290.jpg

JH4Q2338.jpg

JH4Q2320.jpg

JH4Q2337.jpg

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Nice, I bet that Honda is a blast on the track. Good thing it is blue!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics Jonathan,

By the way did you know your light is out :thumbup:

Good luck in the play offs, Leeds is already behind in the first leg :(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Jonna,

I think the pictures are excellent who took them? The track looks very dirty on the outside, is this where you had your brown trouser moment?
Congrats to you lost the yellow bib.

Nelly

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Top bombing JC that looks a right blast. I must give it a go some day.How did you get on with the bridgestones,are they any good?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Jonna,

I think the pictures are excellent who took them? The track looks very dirty on the outside, is this where you had your brown trouser moment?
Congrats to you lost the yellow bib.

Nelly

Hi mate, they have a professional photographer on track to relieve you of £30 for a disc full of piccies for the grandkids :thumbup:

The track was well dirty on the edges mate, def needed a good sweep but the racing line was nice and clean.... Not that I stuck to it :eek:

one of the brown trouser moments was when a Blade did me on a long straight, so not to be outdone 2 much I kept on the throttle, I suddenly thought Sh1t this is way past my normal braking point and threw the bike into the corner whilst saying my prayers lol ... The new tyres did the job for me :Flash: with about a mm spare before I would have been grass bound .....

By the way .... The fella on the Blade binned it on the same corner lol

I didn't half chuckle as I readjusted my pants ;)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Top bombing JC that looks a right blast. I must give it a go some day.How did you get on with the bridgestones,are they any good?

The tyres were nice Gaz but I was very edgy with them the 1st session, I felt the front slide a little on about my 3rd lap but after that they were fine ... Had full confidence in them ... I do however reckon I should have gone with a softer compound especially as I'm hoping to get on more track days after my Falkands stint .... The difference was noticeable instantly though from the old squared off Dunlops.... They were pants !!!!!