2007 FZ6 Stunt conversion?

neumanntm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I would like to convert my stock FZ6 (2007 model) to a stunt FZ6. I don't really know exactly what I would need to do this so I kinda need some help in that area. I know that I will need to change the rear sprocket but I don't know what to change it to. Basically, this is what I want, I want to have more torque/acceleration at lower rpm's so that I can get my front end up without dropping the clutch. I can afford to lose top end because my average speed a day is about 60 mph. I've read that I may need a speedo healer to correct my actual speed, but I don't know if I need a sprocket/chain kit, just a sprocket, or if I need either one of those with a speedo healer. I just need to know exactly what I would need to make the conversion. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Taylor

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I would like to convert my stock FZ6 (2007 model) to a stunt FZ6. I don't really know exactly what I would need to do this so I kinda need some help in that area. I know that I will need to change the rear sprocket but I don't know what to change it to. Basically, this is what I want, I want to have more torque/acceleration at lower rpm's so that I can get my front end up without dropping the clutch. I can afford to lose top end because my average speed a day is about 60 mph. I've read that I may need a speedo healer to correct my actual speed, but I don't know if I need a sprocket/chain kit, just a sprocket, or if I need either one of those with a speedo healer. I just need to know exactly what I would need to make the conversion. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Taylor

if u change ur gearing u definitely need a speedo healer...it depends how much ur goin up in the rear say if ur goin +7 or more u need a longer chain. u could go up a few in the back n drop 1 one in the front... u'll definitely need to get a custom made crash cage...

idk what ur experience is on stunting but if ur new to it get a cheap dirt bike and practice on that b4 beating up the fz6..plus its a lot better for ur legs. trust me! im just stunting my ttr125L right now. get the basics down sit downs, stand up, 50,50's, high chairs, circles, etc....i got a rear hand brake, 12t front sprocket 54t rear and im looking for some cheap street tires...knobbies are not your friend for practicing circles...good luck hope this helps:thumbup:

neumanntm

Reaction score
Visit site
if u change ur gearing u definitely need a speedo healer...it depends how much ur goin up in the rear say if ur goin +7 or more u need a longer chain. u could go up a few in the back n drop 1 one in the front... u'll definitely need to get a custom made crash cage...

idk what ur experience is on stunting but if ur new to it get a cheap dirt bike and practice on that b4 beating up the fz6..plus its a lot better for ur legs. trust me! im just stunting my ttr125L right now. get the basics down sit downs, stand up, 50,50's, high chairs, circles, etc....i got a rear hand brake, 12t front sprocket 54t rear and im looking for some cheap street tires...knobbies are not your friend for practicing circles...good luck hope this helps:thumbup:

Thanks for the info! Helped me figure out what I needed. Also, what do you think would be a good bike to start out with so I can avoid beating the hell out of my fz6? I don't have too much money to spend on one but I can squeeze out a little bit.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Helped me figure out what I needed. Also, what do you think would be a good bike to start out with so I can avoid beating the hell out of my fz6? I don't have too much money to spend on one but I can squeeze out a little bit.

it depends on where ur using it? is this gunna be a parking lot stunt bike or do u wanna ride it on the street?? not that im recommending to :rolleyes:

imho if i could have gone back in time and bought my first dirt stunt bike i would have gotten a honda xr100

im in the same boat as u.. i dont have a lot of money thats y i bought a ttr125L for the parking lot...its tons of fun bc its a 4 stroke(no gas mixing), easy and cheap to maintain, cheap parts...some downsides are that it leaks small amounts of gas when ur wheeling at or past 10 oclock, u have to tow hitch it to ur stunt spot cuz u cant ride it in the street

i got the bike for $800 used

heres my mods for it:

rear hand brake: $30
bmx pegs w/ homemade brackets: $25
homemade 12 oclock bar: $8
protaper handle bars: $70
tusk handgaurds:$40
rejetting the carb: $20
airbox mod: free
-1 front sprocket: $12
street tires: $50 each
exhaust washer mod: $1

Last edited:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i have an xr100 and yes it would make a good first stunt bike. mine's pretty B.A. though. ive got a 2bros pipe, 110 jet kit, K&N filter & removed snorkel, BBR Stiff Springs (would definitely recommend these for stunting), & a piston kit (takegawa i think). anyway if you get a small bike to learn on like a 100 or a 125 you'll get overly confident when you move up. my 100 only weighs about 150lbs and i can THROW it around. but when i get off of it ad ride my 250f i get c0cky and usually dump it, going way past my limits on a bike that weighs 75lbs more with 2x the power. your FZ6 weighs 3x what my 100 weighs and has 6x the power, though as most everybody here knows, without re-gearing the 100 is going to kick a wheel much easier than the FZ.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have an xr100 and yes it would make a good first stunt bike. mine's pretty B.A. though. ive got a 2bros pipe, 110 jet kit, K&N filter & removed snorkel, BBR Stiff Springs (would definitely recommend these for stunting), & a piston kit (takegawa i think). anyway if you get a small bike to learn on like a 100 or a 125 you'll get overly confident when you move up. my 100 only weighs about 150lbs and i can THROW it around. but when i get off of it ad ride my 250f i get c0cky and usually dump it, going way past my limits on a bike that weighs 75lbs more with 2x the power. your FZ6 weighs 3x what my 100 weighs and has 6x the power, though as most everybody here knows, without re-gearing the 100 is going to kick a wheel much easier than the FZ.

:thumbup:
+1 on the bbr springs
+1 on getting c0cky...fyi dont try to dump the clutch in first gear on a 600= severe injury lol

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
Dirt bikes are always great to learn on, but they don't have the weight of a street bike, so thing will be a bit easier to learn I would think plus if it falls on you its easier to push off you.

Deriq

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I am glad that I found someone with the same plans in this season,

my plan is to make my FZ6 S2 2007 to stunt one. I am riding mainly streets on it. What I plan to do is:

1, Made some Crash Cage (I can't find some solid one) with sliders as well (No idea what construction)
2, Change levers for clutch and brake to short one - if anyone know the reason why not I will really appreciate to raise this because I am kinda new in this area.

what do i need to modify on it ?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on the conversions, Post some pictures. My only concern would be with the FZ6 frame. Stunting involves lots of dropping, the FZ6's frame might be the Achilles heel.

Good luck

Neil:thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on the conversions, Post some pictures. My only concern would be with the FZ6 frame. Stunting involves lots of dropping, the FZ6's frame might be the Achilles heel.

Good luck

Neil:thumbup:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is possible in the right hands...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGBOmoJ3YSQ]FZ6 Bike stunt - YouTube[/ame]

Neil

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would check out any events where their stunting and talk with the riders and look at the bikes...

You can gain ALOT of information there. One local show we went to was very informative pretty small area, not terribly fast either:

Besides a MUCH larger rear sprocket, a cage of course, they usually have another hand brake lever for a second rear brake caliper attached to the rear rotor (foot free, rear brake control). Some bikes had just one rear caliper with 2 lines, other bike had two lines, two calipers. I believe the bikes there were all 600's and second gear I think was used the most..

Pretty interesting mod's and very entertaining!!!

As stated above, if this bike is your primary ride, I would be looking at another to learn / practice on as it WILL GET DROPPED... The bikes we saw were all strictly stunting (not street legal) bikes.