Did I Blow a Fuse?

Massoodk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

So the other day i noticed that one of my little license plate lights wasn't working. I reached around my license plate to the wires and noticed the wires crimped. As I moved the wire around the light fluttered on and off and then, TICK, I lost everything. Now my turn signals nor rear brake light work. My headlight does still work. Did i simply blow a fuse? If so, which?

Thanks,

Massood

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you blew the tail fuse which is the one inline with the tail light, signals, and plate lamp circuit.

My guess is the crimp you found was the spot of some chaffed wires and when you started messing with it you caused a short.

Pull the right side rear panel, change the fuse, and then make sure you repair any exposed wiring.

EDIT - Agree with the below, smarter to fix the faulty wiring first.

Last edited:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have to agree partially. If you have 2 ruptured wires and cross them like such - that would certainly cause your short.

Furthermore repair your wire damage beFORE changing the fuse, not vice versa.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Massood,

On the right side pod. You'll need an allen wrench to remove the side plastic by the seat. Ther4e should be a spare fuse to replace the blown one. Make sure the short is not still occurring and swap out the fuse. You have no rear or front running light! :eek:

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
I blew this fuse Saturday night, the plate lights that came with my TB exhaust shorted out some how. I didn't realize the tail light was out and my wife and I were out until midnight. I was kinda pissed when I got home, I was OK with the hand signals but If I knew the tail was out we would have gone straight home. I had to go through process of elimination to figure out it was the plate lights, all my wiring was fine, but those 2 stupid little lights that weren't much anyways caused the fuse to blow each time, (I went and got a box of 25 of them to burn through). I just disconnected the plate lights since they didn't really illuminate the plate any how. I will replace them with a new solution later.

At first I check the wrong fuse, the one for the signals. It was fine, I did not check the Tail fuse until I checked on the forum, after I had torn all the new wiring on the whole front end that I did this winter apart. I love this place, you guys always have the answers when I need them.

Thanks, to the best forum I know, I was back on the road by noon the next day.:thumbup: