Chain Guards

W

wrightme43

Has anyone found a aftermarket chain guard for our bikes?
I have been considering removing mine, but the whole 130mph chain breaking wrapping up onto my leg and cutting the crap out of me thing kinda keeps it on.
Hence the looking for a nice aluminum one.

SOUTHERNFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Go to WHAAccessories.com // there you will find lots of cool stuff. But they do have a nice chain guard. I don't know what it is made of but I like it.

W

wrightme43

Thanks man. Its stainless and thats even better cause I love stainless.
Its 85$ so thats not to bad.
Here is the linky to the site. They have some other cool stuff as well.
Wild Hair Accessories

W

wrightme43

OHhhhhhh Yeaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Since I am bored watching kids till 1230 am I think I may go and remove it now just to see how it looks. I might even take the fender off too just to see how it looks. I might have to put up with the dirty back from the rain rides.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
My chain guard is molded in with the fender, thats why I asked. I've thought about painting the whole thing. I've seen some done and they look pretty good. I've also thought about taking it off like you but the whole tire slinging sand, rocks, grease, tar and bubble gum on my seat bottom, pipes and muffler thing makes me a little leery.

W

wrightme43

Me too. Its drying right now from a good washing, it has liquid glass polish on that needs to be buffed off. Photos to follow.

W

wrightme43

And here you go.
_huggerchainguardremoval003.jpg

_huggerchainguardremoval007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wrightme43

I need those though.
I guess I will order the chain guard and the fender elim kit from sbn.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
It only takes about two minutes to take em' off and put em' back on. I leave mine hanging in the garuge next to the tool box incase my step doughter wants to ride.
Yeah, do the FE too.

W

wrightme43

Oddly enough the purolator pure one filter is one of the best available, and it is blue to match the bike stock.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad I can't buy one then! I have the slower but sexier red version.

I can't go ruining the beautiful aesthetics of my ride by putting a BLUE oil filter in the middle of it all :banghead:

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad I can't buy one then! I have the slower but sexier red version.

I can't go ruining the beautiful aesthetics of my ride by putting a BLUE oil filter in the middle of it all :banghead:

But see, if you put the purolator pure one filter on you'll be a little faster and sexiness that you loose by putting the super fast blue filter on will be more than made up for by the extra speed you'll gain thus making you slower red bike even sexier.:thumbup:

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But see, if you put the purolator pure one filter on you'll be a little faster and sexiness that you loose by putting the super fast blue filter on will be more than made up for by the extra speed you'll gain thus making you slower red bike even sexier.:thumbup:

Wow. It's only 9 am here in CA. I think it is still too early for me to follow what you just said.

I am dazed and confused :confused:

I'll have to re-read this later in the day and give it some serious thought :(

W

wrightme43

Boiled down.

All cool folks using the blue filters. Join usssssssss..........