Rear wheel is busted

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
So i just checked my rear rim and i noticed a nice dent in it. It's bad enough that it warrants a change pretty soon.

What rims will fit on this bike? Does it make a difference if it's not the stock OEM one or can i get any rim of the same size?

I called my local yamaha dealer and they quoted me 370$ for an OEM. I'm hoping not to pay that much.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So i just checked my rear rim and i noticed a nice dent in it. It's bad enough that it warrants a change pretty soon.

What rims will fit on this bike? Does it make a difference if it's not the stock OEM one or can i get any rim of the same size?

I called my local yamaha dealer and they quoted me 370$ for an OEM. I'm hoping not to pay that much.

Check the phone book to see if you have a wheel repair shop in your town. If there aren't any cracks it most likely can be repaired. If you were to by an aftermarket wheel you are probably looking at $500 a wheel, or more.

Here's a place to give you an idea: Home | Wheels and Rims, alloy and aluminum, used and reconditioned The Wheel Warehouse Inc - Factory Original Wheels, Used Wheels, OEM Rims

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
^^ hmm thanks hellgate, that's a good idea. There is a shop that apparently does WONDERS with car rims. I'll ask about the bike ones