Acculign Top Clamp GROUP BUY Info

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the details. The shop would like to do a run of 10 top clamps. The price is $250.00. This is normally a $400.00 part.

I don't know on the shipping costs or the details on payment yet, we'll cross those bridges when we get there.

If we don't get 10 orders I'll need to talk to Acculign about the price.

I would guess that once we get the full order it will be about 4 weeks to have the order built. 2 weeks in machine time and 2 weeks for anodization.

I will check on colors. I assume the clear, like mine, or black are the choices. I'm asking about a black powder coat option. I'll post an update on that. No PC option from the MFG.

These are made of 6016 T-6 aluminium.

Pass the word to friends on the other site too.

PM me if you would like one.

Here's who's in:

mbodell X1 - clear
Hoge X1 - black if PC available
Stuntman/Steve77 X1
isk X1 - clear

Acculign

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete that is very nice looking. Its one of those mods that you wouldn't necessarily know was there if you had an un-trained eye. The quality looks exceptional. I would likey very much but at the mo. Nappies and the cost of living is killing us.
Great work in sorting it out, I hope you get your 10 committed buyers.
Slightly on the side is there any increased rigidity with the new top clamp.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey MadMan, I managed to p*ss off a good percentage of SBN. Oh well...I just knew that would happen. Granted I pushed back a bit, but WTF??? I'm a 1SG right??? That's my job is to tell it like it is. Ha! Ha! :Flip:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hahaha! I got up this morning to see that. i'm surprised you didn't tell em to get down and give ya 25!

I think it's really funny over there. If you aren't part of the "click" you get slammed regardless. And if you are an FNG, like me there, and push back a bit they blow up. I never go over there. Oh well!

That one dude totally blew a gasket over you posting a link to here. It was like you had killed his dog or something, or burned the flag.

I look at it this way. It's your motorcycle, do what you wish if it makes you happy. If someone does something else appreciate it for what it is, because that is what they needed. After all it isn't their bike.

Hee! Hee! Too funny Doc! I love this Forum! :thumbup:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
and I said they could get it black also or they could powder over it pink if they wanted and defy was like "pink ftmfw!" LOL

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If they are $250 including annodizing it black, I'm in for one. (shh... I'm one of those sbn guys.)

They can do black. Thanks for stepping up!

And don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

Be sure to check out my ConvertiBar and additional Top Clamp threads. It will give a better perspective on why I ended up going this route.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Very nice looking piece Hellgate. I'll assume that it's just the top clamp and you have to source your own clip-ons, eh? Speaking of which, those are funky looking, ribbed, clip-ons in those pictures....

It's not for me though, as I sold my sportbike for an FZ6 mainly to get weight off of my forearms.

Oh, hey mbodell, be careful with the black anodization. The black anodized electric water pump on my Trans-Am turned to a not-so-manly shade a purple after a year.... Maybe it's just from the heat of the engine, but it was still surprising to me.

Last edited:

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice looking piece Hellgate. I'll assume that it's just the top clamp and you have to source your own clip-ons, eh? Speaking of which, those are funky looking, ribbed, clip-ons in those pictures....

It's not for me though, as I sold my sportbike for an FZ6 mainly to get weight off of my forearms.

Oh, hey mbodell, be careful with the black anodization. The black anodized electric water pump on my Trans-Am turned to a not-so-manly shade a purple after a year.... Maybe it's just from the heat of the engine, but it was still surprising to me.

it might have changed shades because of the heat. top clamp doesnt see temperatures that high

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

ConvertiBars http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3461-convertibar-install.html

They are amazing. You can adjust them EXACTLY where you want the bar. Height, pull back, angle of bar.

With how I have them set up I have a small amount of forward lean, nothing like a GSXR or R6. The FZ stock felt like a cruiser to me.

convertibars.com