OEM style or rarer Full Fairing Kits 04-06 | Also want opinions

N Spec

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, there are two French made full fairing kits made for the 04-06 style that are goodlooking IMO. Since they are made in France, they are a bit harder to get for the US bound. Poly 26 makes an agressive kit and JMV Concepts makes a very close OEM style kit. These fairings match the body style quite well and doesn't really appear like they were afterthoughts. I have found an importer in Canada that will ship them to the states. I thought I would share for any of those interested in these plastics like I am. Here is a copy of the email I received after inquiry:

[email protected]

Hi Nam,
Thank you for your call.
For the lower fairing Jmv for Yamaha FZ6 2004 2006 with paint, the regular price is 689,00$.
I can give you a special price : 595.00 usd.
I have one lower fairing in stock here at Montreal. Blue.
In other case, there is 5 weeks of waiting because of holidays in France.
For Poly 26, I am also importer. They deliver only without paint.price 460,00$. But in this case, I advice you JMV,same price without paint. the quality of the fiber glass is better with JMV

So : Lower fairing paint Jmv : 595,00 usd
unpainted Jmv or Poly 26 : 460 usd
plus shipment : 50$

30% at the order ( paypal)
Balance before shipement from France.

The sales service of Jmv is open until 7 of august. They open again on 25 of august.
Factory is producing in august.
I stay to your disposal for all informations
Best regards

François Cominardi 9164-2108 Québec Inc Consortium des sports Mécaniques Tél : 450 420 0389
CSMECA

Essentially, either kit unpainted will cost $560 shipped, this is what he quoted my final price would be. The painted ones would be about $100 more I believe. This is quite competitive as the new OEM style 07-08 fairings are much more expensive, and you don't really have any choice if you don't have an 07-08. So if you are interested, give him an email or call and tell him Nam told you about so he doesn't try to overcharge you (he shouldn't anyways). Let me know if he quotes you a different price? If there is enough people interested, maybe we can get a group buy going? Here are pics what the plastics look like:

Poly 26
2451.jpg

2453.jpg

JMV
Bas%20détail%20site1.jpg

Bas%20vue%20ens.%20site.jpg

Here's the page:
Carenage Moto Tuning Moto Pieces Accessoires Polyester Carbone Kawazaki Yamaha Suzuki Honda Bulle Garde Boue Sabot

Détails Pièces YAMAHA

Now after some long and hard thought, and also some photoshopping, I have decided to go with the JMV fairing instead. I have an 06 Red with black trim, so when I get it unpainted, I may get all of the fairing repainted. I am having a difficult time deciding on the right color. So here is a color chart I mocked up real quick, opinions wanted please!

colorchart.jpg

The black is univeral and elegant, the white is unique and clean, or I could repaint it red to match my car's red. I am undecided about the colors, but I am sure this is the best fairing kit I've seen for the 04-06 style. I was thrown off at first at the blue and silver combo, cause I'm not a big fan of blue. So let me know what you guys think I should get it repainted as and any info on paint prep would help. Like the tank really, as it appears that the clear coat on it is decently thick.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally like the black myself,....................but I'm interested in that seat you have!
What is it, where'd it come from & what did it cost?:thumbup:

Oops - guess that's not yours, but something on the fairing show bike I presume? Oh, well looks pretty neat.

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I could spend some hard-earned there.
721.jpg

That seat looks excellent. 347 Euros = $597 AUD... ouch!!!
Then get the tank cover as well.. hmm.

Never hurts to dream - Huh!

:)

Oops, forgot to comment on the fairings...lol

They both look pretty neat, but the JMV set doesn't have a gap there for frame sliders? Is there a way to attach them using that kit?
I think I prefer the Poly 26 kit myself.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

N Spec

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I could spend some hard-earned there.
721.jpg

That seat looks excellent. 347 Euros = $597 AUD... ouch!!!
Then get the tank cover as well.. hmm.

Never hurts to dream - Huh!

Oops, forgot to comment on the fairings...lol

They both look pretty neat, but the JMV set doesn't have a gap there for frame sliders? Is there a way to attach them using that kit?
I think I prefer the Poly 26 kit myself.

:thumbup:

Yea, it's a fancy seat with a fancy price.

I guess the frame sliders could go on the two symmetrial bolts that hold the fairing in the middle if you can see? Wouldn't look as flush but they would serve their purpose. I'm sure you can get shorter ones to make it look flush.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those fairings look nice.

The French make good seats....i have a Bagster seat on order, should be in Australia in about 4 weeks. It cost me $600 Australian!

Full Gel option!, was able to pick my own colours, and have the padding, and length of rider seat custom made to order. I reckon it's money well spent for someone who rides every day.

Here's a scan of my order form, with my options outlined.

N Spec

Reaction score
Visit site
Those seats are hot. I wish the rear seat was more flush with the tail tho, then it would be perfect. Why can't any of these aftermarket just be perfect, there's always some minor detail holding it back.

stumbles06: Yup, I have black trim. I tried different two tone variations. I'm not really feeling it too well. Take a gander...

redmixture.gif

MarinaFazer: Yea, I think white is pretty rare for bikes. I might be leaning towards white or black right now since they are more neutral colors. You can where whatever color clothing and not clash with the bike, haha. Well, this rule works better with Black, but I think white can be pulled off too.

Here are some other combos:

whitemix.jpg

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
My .02 is that I'm feeling the more mono-chromatic schemes - think a black front fender with white everything else, including a white seat cowl (of the flatish variety) and dark smoke screen would look sweet if the white had a pearl effect.

Otherwise, I'd prolly stick to all black with some metal in it.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, not sure. I'm liking the black on top, with the red lower fairing, I think that looks better than my previous suggestion of all red with the fairing black.

Myself (and this is only my opinion)... not keen on white bikes, Yes, they are a rare breed, but to me... They just look wrong.

dereknjenny04

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the OEM style fairing for the 07-08 you were refering to, do you have a link or is it from the same manufacturer?

I have a black 08 and I liked the all black with the full fairing.

N Spec

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe this is memeber phocaea's bike:

4097d1211725896-side-fairings-make-fully-faired-fz6-dsc00012.jpg

4098d1211725896-side-fairings-make-fully-faired-fz6-dsc00013.jpg

3789d1210790308-side-fairings-make-fully-faired-fz6-dsc00004.jpg

I really like the 07-08 OEM style, it looks really good. Looks very similar to the R6 and R1 big brothers. Unfortunely I have a 06 so I will have to make due and the JMC Concept is very similar and unique on it owns.

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
quick question, does this completely block the wind for your legs? I was thinking of a set of these combined with a set of knuckle visors.