Track Day Photos TWS 051511

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Pete, that looked like a blast! How is the R6, do you feel you can push it near it's limits?

Hey John - As hard as I've ridden the bike I'm not sure if IT is at it's limit. The bike is so composed and just does what I ask of it. Now that I've got the mechanical things sorted I'm working on suspension sorting and the bike is really coming around. This month I'm pulling the shock and fork legs off to have them serviced. The local suspension guy is really good. Part of the great handling are the Q2s, what a great tire. They warm up quickly and stick like glue. I haven't had a single slip yet. What did screw me up was GP shifting. It required too much thought and when things got going fast sometimes I'd forget and screw the shift up; that resulted in either bogging the motor or a visit to 16,000 rpms! A new set of Woodcraft rearsets solved that issue.

Up until the last track day I'd been going to new and different tracks each time, of course I had to go through a learning curve (no pun intended) on the track. It was nice to go to the same track twice in a row.

I've really been working on my body position too. Old habits are slow to die but I'm getting there! The good thing is the new position is starting to become reflex. My last two sessions of the day were dices with riders on bikes that were faster so I really had to work hard. It was fun to really go fast and have the confidence in the bike and myself.

Have you been on the track recently?

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome Pete! You do need to come to Socal again soon :D

Check out what I ordered from Hong Kong Ebay: Front Brake Disc Rotor Suzuki GSXR 600 750 K4 K5 04 05 | eBay

Wish me good luck with them LOL

I did have my suspension tuned by Catalyst Reaction last year and haven't tested it yet due to bad front rotors... Can't wait for next month! :)

Hey David! Thanks, I feel like my riding is finally coming around.

The rotors look very nice, don't forget to install brand new OEM bolts. I think they'll be fine...I hope. ;)

We do need to ride together again. Maybe October or November? I'll have my clients into their new financial system on 9/01/11, then 60 days of post-go-live support. Then I plan to take a little time off.

Maybe there is a track day out "west?"

I might do one more over Memorial Day before "hell" shows up for the summer.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll start planning for that track day in October :)

I got these rotors for the price, not the looks... I can't find new rotors in the US for less than $400, these were less than $200 shipped...

I look forward to seeing you again!