Be careful going up hills...

sohail

Reaction score
Visit site
Great ride overall. I visited towns that I've never heard of and met a lot of great people. Well, at one point I approached a set of railroad tracks that sat on an inclined hill-like area. I remember going about 50-60 mph. I didn't think much about it, I just figured I'd better position myself for the shock that you would normally associate going over railroad tracks. When I stood up, I saw that a stop sign lied immediately beyond the tracks. I did not see a "stop sign ahead" sign. Well, it didn't matter. A car just happened to be making a right turn onto the same street. That didn't matter either.

What mattered was that I was going so fast that I ended up flying past the stop sign. I couldn't even attempt to apply the breaks because I didn't have any road underneath my tires. I landed in the left lane and I avoided a catastrophic accident. I waved to the car and kept on riding!

:rockon:

The landing however was a bit rough. I strained my left hand somehow. I bet this is a situation in which dirt biking skills would come in handy.

Point is...SLOW DOWN...you never know what's on the other side of the hill.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blind corners and rises over hills on unfamiliar roads always get my respect. You never know what may be on the other side. Glad you're o.k. and made a nice recovery. :thumbup: