Gloves are coming, Finally!!

H

HavBlue

I ordered a pair of Icon Blue Merc gloves back on January 29th 2008 and paid for 2 day shipping. I got a message they had been back ordered which sucked but I really wanted these gloves. On March 28th 2008 I got a message they had been shipped. Finally, these bad boys are on there way. Things just ain't right without good gloves......

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
where did you order them from? and if you don't mind how much? I am looking for some new gloves this spring and those looks pretty nice.

H

HavBlue

where did you order them from? and if you don't mind how much? I am looking for some new gloves this spring and those looks pretty nice.

I order most of my things from Chaparral Motorsports 1-800-841-2960 or ChaparralMotorsports.com out of San Bernardino California. I got them for $90.00. I like this type of glove because they are quite comfortable, have additional wrist support, knuckle guards and the protection factor is very high. My last pair had lasted me 3 seasons and they are still in decent shape but I wanted something other than black. They also offer free 2 day shipping on anything over $149.00. My new ride pants came but Icon back ordered the gloves.......

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so do you already have this same glove, only in black? if so how do they run? Big, small... ect... if this is a new glove for you please review when they show up.

I really like the looks of them. I am heading to the bike shop today, maybe i'll see if they have motorcycle stuff out yet (mostly winter stuff for a few months)

H

HavBlue

so do you already have this same glove, only in black? if so how do they run? Big, small... ect... if this is a new glove for you please review when they show up.

I really like the looks of them. I am heading to the bike shop today, maybe i'll see if they have motorcycle stuff out yet (mostly winter stuff for a few months)

The gloves I have now are similar but mesh and I wear an extra large glove. I'll let you know next week when I get them in hand.

J

jsteinb95

I order most of my things from Chaparral Motorsports 1-800-841-2960 or ChaparralMotorsports.com out of San Bernardino California. I got them for $90.00. I like this type of glove because they are quite comfortable, have additional wrist support, knuckle guards and the protection factor is very high. My last pair had lasted me 3 seasons and they are still in decent shape but I wanted something other than black. They also offer free 2 day shipping on anything over $149.00. My new ride pants came but Icon back ordered the gloves.......

Those are really nice and a VERY good price. I love Chaparral!!!! They always have a big blow out once a year and EVERYTHING is 1/2 price (including bikes)

H

HavBlue

Those are really nice and a VERY good price. I love Chaparral!!!! They always have a big blow out once a year and EVERYTHING is 1/2 price (including bikes)

Yeah!!! That parking lot sale is friggen huge and there's some great deals to be had. Just get there early for sure. This is the first time I have ever had a problem and the sad part is they had zero to do with it. I was worried Icon had to kill the cow before making my gloves.....

J

jsteinb95

Yeah!!! That parking lot sale is friggen huge and there's some great deals to be had. Just get there early for sure. This is the first time I have ever had a problem and the sad part is they had zero to do with it. I was worried Icon had to kill the cow before making my gloves.....

yes....Danny got his jacket at the parking lot sale for $200
Icon is a really good brand....I wanted an icon jacket, but I couldn't afford $600. :(

H

HavBlue

yes....Danny got his jacket at the parking lot sale for $200
Icon is a really good brand....I wanted an icon jacket, but I couldn't afford $600. :(

I've purchased a few bikes from them and their sales folks were always willing to work a deal. I like the fact they have such a huge variety of stuff and now I can't just drive/ride over there. It's the catalog now and lucky for me their service on that side is great. I got my First Gear mesh jacket from them at that sale for like $180 and it listed for like $220. They have great prices on helmets during that sale too. I guess that's why I have like 9 helmets. Just couldn't make up my mind........

H

HavBlue

well aren't other fancy! ;) Those look great Charlie

Pete, I know of your relative background in terms of racing so we both know how important quality gloves can be both in terms of rider comfort and safety. We also know there is a huge difference between a so so pair of $40.00 gloves and a quality pair of racing gauntlets. For me, gloves of this type make those long hard riding hauls so much easier and the comfort level is over the top. They also last. Now I just kick back and wait for the box.

When I get them I'll let you know how they feel and how they do on a ride. First they're getting worked with saddle soap and Zymol leather cream......

S

sportrider

maybe it would be faster if I rode over to Chap and picked them up for you:thumbup:

H

HavBlue

maybe it would be faster if I rode over to Chap and picked them up for you:thumbup:

No doubt..... They're going out Tuesday so I should have them by Friday at the latest. I will say this, when you folks find out about the parking lot sale let me know and you can do some shopping for me if you would be so kind......

Thanks,
Charlie