Rain

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Someone's got to start this thing.

My brand new FZ6 is still sat in the garage with 61 miles on the clock. It's been there for 2 days. And yes, it is still raining. How PO'd am I.

Rains easing a little, may be able to get out this afternoon.

Phil

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks. It hasen't rained here in something like 20+ days. We're in a drought and on water restrictoins. We also have a huge fire in the south of our state thats been burning for a month and no rain to help the firefighters out. The fire's more than 200 miles away but some mornings I go outside and somke is in the air from it. It looks like fog but it stinks like burning tires.

thanaton23

Reaction score
Visit site
What about the rain today then pedwards!?? was really comin down! Don't worry, it'll clear all the grease off the roads so you can have a good blast over clee hill next week!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride mine evey day come S##t or shine. Riding in the wet can still be fun. I do sympathise though. I have just brought an air mesh jacket and I am still wonering if it will keep me cool.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I try to get out everyday. Put about 1000 miles on the clock in the last month. If I'd waited for the dry weather, I'd still be waiting :O) And, at least I know my waterproofs work!

Still much prefer to ride on a dry road, preferably with the sun shining. However, getting more confident at wet weather riding.

The worst problem I find is visibility, with the real torrential rain we've been having my visor just becomes a blur with the volume of water hitting it. I had some gloves 20 odd years ago that had a suede patch on the forefinger so you could wipe the visor clear. Is there a modern equivalent?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know Hein Gerick do a few gloves with this type of thing on it. Totally agree though about visibility. I also wear glases so raising the visor does nada. If you are traveling over 35mph turning your head slightly helps the water run off.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain

I was reading the complaints on rain and thought i would chime in with a comment.
I live in Texas, over by galveston, and it has rained here everyday for the past 3 weeks. Yesterday was the first day in that long that i didnt see rain at my house.:thumbup: The only problem is that it flooded a lot in the surrounding cities and even if i went riding i couldnt go far. So for all you guys in the UK, i know what your going through.

One quick question....Does everyone in the UK have that cool accent? Everytime i read one of you guys posts i find myself reading it with the accent. :D I plan to one day visit there. Take care and have fun once it dries up!

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
One quick question....Does everyone in the UK have that cool accent? Everytime i read one of you guys posts i find myself reading it with the accent. :D I plan to one day visit there. Take care and have fun once it dries up!

Crikey. Of course one talks just like Prince Charles all the time. :O)

I'm guessing in a state as big as Texas, you can tell which city someone comes from by the subtle nuances of their accent. And, you can surely tell the difference between a New York; Atlanta; Houston; Boston accent. In fact, I could probably distinguish those. We get a huge amount of American TV & films, so I guess we are used to the variations in accent.

We have a huge variety of regional accents, some of which are almost indecipherable if you are not a local. Think of Billy Conolly, his accent is difficult to follow now, yet it has mellowed immensely since he left the shipyards of Glasgow.

25 miles up the road from my home is an area called 'The Black Country' - Robert Plant is the most famous person I can think of from that area. They have such a totally different dialect I can barely understand it.

By the way, what do you think of Hugh Laurie's American accent in 'House'. It sounds totally phoney to me, like a posh English bloke trying to do an American accent.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was reading the complaints on rain and thought i would chime in with a comment.
I live in Texas, over by galveston, and it has rained here everyday for the past 3 weeks. Yesterday was the first day in that long that i didnt see rain at my house.:thumbup: The only problem is that it flooded a lot in the surrounding cities and even if i went riding i couldnt go far. So for all you guys in the UK, i know what your going through.

Oh my good god old boy, accent, one is not sure what you mean. If the reference is directed towards dear Elizabeth's English then I must concede that we do have a slight vehicular twang. Or stone me mate I can't adam an eve it you fink we twks funny LOL

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have family in hilsboro great roads, I know Texas is about 7 times the size of uk. I neversaw rain once. Cheers

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Still raining in Yorkshire !!

I know what you're going through mate ..

My new 07 s2 arrives on Thursday this week and I'm praying that the bloody rain stops !!! :p

I didn't think that this much rain was possible !!

Maybe I should have bought a speedboat :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know what you're going through mate ..

My new 07 s2 arrives on Thursday this week and I'm praying that the bloody rain stops !!! :p

I didn't think that this much rain was possible !!

Maybe I should have bought a speedboat :D
Mate if you do buy a boat, they could sure use it up in Hull.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Another day and more rain !!!! :confused:

Will it ever stop ?

And will it clear up for my new bike arriving on Thursday !!!! ;)

Gbusch

Reaction score
Visit site
Yo Pedwards,

I see you are from Leamington Spa. Last year I lived for 6 months just south of you In Stratford-Upon- Avon, just off of A3400 on the north side of town. I use to run up to Leamington Spa on occasion to shop at the Royal Priors Shopping Center. I rode a Bandit 600 over there. I bet you we ran in to each other at the SuA bike park.

Cheers.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another day and more rain !!!! :confused:

Will it ever stop ?

And will it clear up for my new bike arriving on Thursday !!!! ;)
Alas no rain today, Hurrah, Hurrah.....I have even volunteered to do the food shop on the bike just so I can enjoy the day. I hope we only need milk and bread?

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Yo Pedwards,

I see you are from Leamington Spa. Last year I lived for 6 months just south of you In Stratford-Upon- Avon, just off of A3400 on the north side of town. I use to run up to Leamington Spa on occasion to shop at the Royal Priors Shopping Center. I rode a Bandit 600 over there. I bet you we ran in to each other at the SuA bike park.

Cheers.

Sorry mate missed this post somehow, until now. Wouldn't have caught you last year. Only got the FZ in May after a gap of 20 odd years. I bet you got up to the Waterman at Hatton on a Wednesday night though?

I take it you were working here?

I have a major problem with the Royal Priors, it's only a mile or so away from me, every time my missus goes near it I can feel my wallet starting to throb :(