Static Wheel Balancing

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought this was a nice overview of how to static balance a wheel :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVqvtssF9rk]YouTube - How To Balance a Motorcycle Wheel: Wheel Balancing[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool video.

I really like the one John (Cali rider) and Dave (Wavex) made with the tire changer and in John's driveway. Hahaha!

Wonder how much that balancer is? I'm starting to think it might be better to buy a whole set-up and do our own for the price they get and frequency that we change tires at. There used to be a guy here in S.D. area that had a trailer with everything on it and would come to you where ever you were stuck and fix your tire or change out a new one.

Johns set up was cool cuz he hybrid a lot of the set-up himself because of inferior design or manufacturing.

I could use a smaller table and lead anchor it to the patio....Hmmmmm! :rolleyes:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool video.

I really like the one John (Cali rider) and Dave (Wavex) made with the tire changer and in John's driveway. Hahaha!

Wonder how much that balancer is? I'm starting to think it might be better to buy a whole set-up and do our own for the price they get and frequency that we change tires at. There used to be a guy here in S.D. area that had a trailer with everything on it and would come to you where ever you were stuck and fix your tire or change out a new one.

Johns set up was cool cuz he hybrid a lot of the set-up himself because of inferior design or manufacturing.

I could use a smaller table and lead anchor it to the patio....Hmmmmm! :rolleyes:

Yes their vid was awesome...made me think about buying a tire changing rig myself!

The balancer is $70

Tusk Motorcycle Wheel Balancing and Truing Stand | Jake Wilson

How about a portable bead breaker?

Motorcycle Tool Tire Changer Bead Breaker Portable

Maybe we could pool some money together and share equipment? One trip to cycle gear to have the tires mounted is $80, right? That's the cost of your balancing rig... Maybe two or three of use chipping in to buy stuff might be a good thing.

S

Shamus McFeeley

Dynabeads are much cheaper, and you can always make your own bead breaker.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes their vid was awesome...made me think about buying a tire changing rig myself!

The balancer is $70

Tusk Motorcycle Wheel Balancing and Truing Stand | Jake Wilson

How about a portable bead breaker?

Motorcycle Tool Tire Changer Bead Breaker Portable

Maybe we could pool some money together and share equipment? One trip to cycle gear to have the tires mounted is $80, right? That's the cost of your balancing rig... Maybe two or three of use chipping in to buy stuff might be a good thing.

Yes that's what I'm thinking and I'm sure John and Dave going to track with the bikes they have makes it well worth it.

I think I'd still put Delrin replacement parts where needed like on that bead breaker blade.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm...that's a great idea! Just gotta be careful not to bang up your rims.

That's correct, being careful and putting a couple of duct tape layers on the clamp as a prevention measure will do the trick.

cclamp.jpg